The Nordic winter and the depression

I myself love the nature in the north, as much as I love the nature in the whole countrey. IMO is one of the most beautiful countreys in the world because of the variety. Norway for example do have really beautiful mountains, "fjords", forests and all the tr00 stuff but that's about it. Overall it definetly doesn't beat sweden. And nordabrand, mr. prejudiced assholes are everywhere I promise, not only in the cities. And sometimes I do joke about the language in norrland but I do that with all regions in sweden, yes stockholm as well.

FatherVic said:
I'm so happy I'm not REAL enough to live in the north of Sweden...it would be really a pain in the ass have to share Nature with REAL MEN the kind of Nordabrand. May be they would kick my ass with their sharp axes, heh!

What a shame...if you try hard enough, maybe you'll live to see the north :p ...hahaha...ah god I'm laughing my pants off

"What do you need that for dude?"

cddisc.gif
Pantera -- Cowboys from Hell -- Domination
/* random quote */
"Give a man a fire and you'll keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and you'll keep him warm for the rest of his life."
-Terry Pratchett

WHAT THE FUCK(sorry about the bad words, ladies) IS GOING ON IN THIS FUCKING FORUM?!?!?!?!?!!?
WHAT HAVE HAPPENED TO THINGS LIKE "The lovely people on this board" ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Let's end with all that stuff about North and South, ok? Sweden(The whole Scandinavia and all the nordic countries too) just fucking rocks!!! From Stockholm to the Northern woods!!!

Let's stop with that childish thing like "thingy", live in mama's house, etc. too...

Like mr. V once said(he wasn't the first one, but anyway): PEACE, LOVE AND UNDERSTANDING!!!(Little hippie, but it's cool)

@Nordabrand: Immigrants are bad or just the ones who listen to shit like hip-hop? That's a little odd, 'cause you have always threated me very nicely... My biggest dream is to live in Sweden(Umeå, Skellefteå or Luleå, 'cause I'm more a urban guy... but I don't dreatroy nature), but now I'm a little afraid.

Calm down people here at least you have winter with snow, here where i live (Panama) is too fucking hot almost all year and in the winter we only have rain! I hate this weather....one day maybe i will travel to sweden to know some beatifull places. My wife have some family over there.

Ha, some years ago we had a record of something like -58 C here in Finland..
When as the other world is covered on ice and everything living is dead forever, a Finn says: "Man, it's damn cold out there, should I put some coat on..?" :tickled:

moi, hallo,hej, hola, guten tag, salut, shalom salam bla bla bla bla bla

so, i see most of the souther folks here complian about not heaving snow... here i`ve snow 6 months on a single mountain - mount. hermon. in a colder winter like the previous winter, it was snowing in Jerusalem and the area, thats was lovely. the highest area in the Negev Desert was nowey as well, now thats a bizzare sight ! A bare desert mountain covered white.

All I need in order to feel the winter deep is the smell of rain and wind on my face. thats all i need to feel alive...

In the part of Texas that I live, we almost never get snow. I think I can remember two or three times that we got over an inch of snow, and never more than 4 or 5 inches. Last year I was walking outside, and we started to get some snow flurries. Then after 5 minutes, it stopped. That was our total snowfall for the year! It does snow a lot more in the northern parts of Texas but I've never lived up that way.

Our winters are rainy but it only freezes a few nights out of the year. And let me just say it NEVER gets below -3 C to -6 C. Our summers on the other hand are extremely hot and long. It usually gets up to 35 C and I've seen it at 40 C before. I hate the summer heat. The only thing you can do is stay inside in the air conditioning or go swimming or go out in the evenings when it cools off a little. Spring and autumn can actually be quite lovely too.

We have a lot of natural environment here. You have to remember that Texas is huge in landmass; larger than many countries actually. We have lots of forests in the east, prairies and scrub country (and farms) in central Texas, and deserts and mountains in west Texas. We have many lakes and rivers, and natural caves (bats!) and ocean beaches. The only thing you have to put up with is the extreme heat in summer which is the downside of all of it. Oh well at least I can grow my lovely little cactus plants:D

I like it here but I really want to visit europe and see some real snow! You guys are probably laughing at that but it's true!

Originally posted by Nordabrand
Now, there is one slight detail I want to point out: The south of sweden sucks, the southern swedes are weak and I see them as wannabe-swedes. The true swedes dare to come to the north and live through the rough winters. Although now most of them seek homes in big cities where they'll be warm and comfy...weaklings I say! I despise the southern swedes for their cocky attitude, but they having nothing to show for...it's disgusting. They southern ones cant ski, cant put bait on a hook, cant fish, cant hunt, cant disect hunted food so that they can eat it...they claim to be REAL swedes, but they are NOT...they are these city-life scumbags who know NOTHING of nature...NOTHING...and their fucking companies come here to the north, cut down out most ancient forests and leave nothing...not even money, god damn bastards.
:lol: :lol: :lol: You really seems to be serious too! Even though most of us Swedes (Jepp, en smålänning vid tangentbordet här) lives in the southern half of the country, that doesn't mean that whole southern Sweden is an urban area. If you look at a map over Sweden, you'll see that most of the southern half is dark green. Forest, that is. And like most forests in Sweden, it's fucking planted. "Ancient forests"? Pah!

You're also giving proff of your ignorant nature when you bunch together such a lot of people and say "they're all weaklings, treats nature like material", etc. WTF do you know about that? Have you spoken to the majority? I love our nature and know that it's the only important thing wherever you live in the world.

And finally, you might consider the winters down here pretty mild (which I agree about and which I'm happy about), but everything is relative. I don't think people from Texas think -20 degrees Celsius is hot. See my point?

Now, put down that silly and ignorant machismo attitude. You ought to have seen there is a great diversity in nature. So it is among people. Accept it.