Suggestions for facing the lonely winter nights?

Now I have a couple of cds full of relatively new music to me and I'm planning to get more (because of the kind suggestions of you people) but fuck, I have to work whole weekend (tho nights only) so there's no way I could lock myself inside, get loaded and listen to those albums. Boo-fuckin-hoo, I have to wait 'till next weekend or the weekend after that.

And there's nothing totally wrong with winter, if it only was a real one with lots of snow. But winters here can be quite depressing.

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
And there's nothing totally wrong with winter, if it only was a real one with lots of snow. But winters here can be quite depressing.

true. there's nothing so depressive like winters. but springs, summers and autumns. :D

Roy Harper - Once
Roy Harper - Valentine
Roger Waters - Amused to Death
Ship of Fools - Close Your Eyes (forget the world)
Devin Townsend - Ocean Machine Biomech & Terria

Traditional dutch winter dishes like boerenkool and hutspot with meatballs

open fireplace and whiskey

I actually read about that RfaD-score used in TT-trailer but forgot what was the deal... And I even haven't seen the damn trailer yet 'cause I can't install quicktime in this computer, phuk! :mad:

@morpheus

no, the soundtrack for Requiem was composed by Clint Mansell from Pop will eat itself, who composed also the score for Pi (Aronofskys debut movie, excellent stuff!)

sorry then! Though the theme sounds really really good imo, in both RfaD and the TTT Trailer.

was very impressed by it.

cheers

@Hitler and everyone to know.. ;)

now look.. :eek: about that N gig tonight.. i'm damn impressed by that stuff you're guys playing, and as it seemed you're having some rrright attitude!! :D yeah, and listen people..these mates can REALLY play and write some great music! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:guh: only i must wonder why the hell you're not having a record contract already??! no doubt that you should have it, deffo!

and yet i'd liked to come and say hi.. you disappeared just quite quickly after show..eh..?? :cool: (god.. i'm so dead tired i dropp off this chair like now :dopey: )
before i go out.. saying once again that i'm very fond of this great band N!!

Originally posted by speakinstone
@Hitler and everyone to know.. ;)

now look.. :eek: about that N gig tonight.. i'm damn impressed by that stuff you're guys playing, and as it seemed you're having some rrright attitude!! :D yeah, and listen people..these mates can REALLY play and write some great music! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

:guh: only i must wonder why the hell you're not having a record contract already??! no doubt that you should have it, deffo!

and yet i'd liked to come and say hi.. you disappeared just quite quickly after show..eh..?? :cool: (god.. i'm so dead tired i dropp off this chair like now :dopey: )
before i go out.. saying once again that i'm very fond of this great band N!!

WTF?? :eek: You were there afterall? Shiiit... It would've been nice to meet you. Well yes, I had to leave quite fast 'cause the last bus left quite early... nice you liked the gig, I had a blast unlike I though beforehand. Too bad, like I feared, I lost my voice a little towards the end. The smoke from cigarettes in the club got me, plus I've been smokin a lot lately because of the shitty stuff that's been happenin. I'm really honoured you liked us, really :) next time you'd better come say hi, tho :mad: :)

and I know something about beeing tired :zzz: I had 'good' 4hours sleep and had to wake a little before you sent the post, half past five... couldn't get sleep at first tho, had to listen to Buckley. With headphones. In the dark. that was interesting...

Originally posted by Don Corleone
and i just realized...actually, the only thing i dont like about winter is school. i wouldnt mind all the things i mentioned if i didnt have to go to school. and engineering is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo difficult. dammit. :(

I like school, it's really fun. I know most of you will be like :eek: or :zombie: but my school is number one at fun, hmm but I think only Turkish pals can understand it ;)

but the difficulty part I agree.I study business administration but it's very hard in 'my' school though.

I could see myself lying on the beach all day long and occasionally writing some lyrics in between pina coladas :lol:

now that's interesting coz most Finnish people I know hate summer and love winter.Actually the coldest it is the better for them. Personally I can't even stand below +10 but they are walking around with only a t-shirt sub-zero!! :eek:
in spite of being able to open their car's door in 45 minutes coz of freez :) You finnish fellas are weird ya know :D

Are you sure you don't mix us with the people from Iceland? :lol: Everyone I know prefers summer deffo, it's just that being able to live through the least favourite season for most of the year makes us stronger. And more depressed :D yes, and weird. But it's nice to lock yourself in your warm home from the freezing weather, take bottle of whisky with you and for example listen to some new album.

of course I don't mix you with Iceland, first of all I don't have any friends from there.But anyway, then I think those Finnish ones I personally know are weird.
or that may be becoz some of them are fat:D

I don´t mind freezing weather as long as there´s no wind. :D

I would like to suggest hugs
458.gif

I've only heard Devins Infinity and Terria, the latter suits better for this mood. What's Ocean Machine and Biomech like?
a manically depressed whale lost his favourite barnacle while squeezing through a porthole on a sunken metal boat. He shoots to the surface for a quick spurt and spots the shore. Being suicidal, he of course heads straight for it and promptly beaches his blubbery mass into oblivion. Later, the tribesman beat out tunes on his rotting belly and Hevy Devy sat in his submarine studio recording all this ....sniggering to himself.