Sun Caged is my favourite 2003 album.

This album has been in my player since October 22 and I still can't get enough of it. Even DT's TOT can't tickle my interest. I bought that album, listened to it a couple of times, but to me it's not half as interesting as Sun Caged. I never expected that to happen. I've been a DT fan for years and have every album, but I really prefer Sun Caged right now. I love everything about this album.

keeper of the flame said:
This album has been in my player since October 22 and I still can't get enough of it. Even DT's TOT can't tickle my interest. I bought that album, listened to it a couple of times, but to me it's not half as interesting as Sun Caged. I never expected that to happen. I've been a DT fan for years and have every album, but I really prefer Sun Caged right now. I love everything about this album.
Definitively right. In terms of prog, Sun Caged's debut album is my chosen one for best 2003 album, not to say best debut album I've ever heard. What is best, I feel that the band can go further than this, so even when I haven't yet totally diggested their first album, I'm already looking for the next one!!! Also, let me apologize for not having written a proper review of the album, which I'll do as soon as I can.

Other great 2003 releases in the prog scene:
Devin Townsend's Accelerated Evolution: it has some low moments but overall he's still one of the most genuine wise artits on the genre.
Enchant's Tug of War: incredible how this band can still bring up such excellent music
The Flower Kings' "Meet the Flower Kings": a bit irregular to my taste but still great. The double DVD dissapointed me a bit, so I'd recommend to get only the CDs.
Transatlantic's "Live in Europe": excellent release, totally worth.
Star One's "Live on Earth": incredible to say at least. Buy now!!!