Sunday evening in Atlanta

We all left today. The Atlanta airport was full of people with PP T-shirts. We were throwing horns to each other while on the MARTA, waiting in the airport security line, at the food court, in the concourses, and even at our gates. It was cool. We took over Atlanta for an entire weekend!

I hear ya...Atlanta is still right here in my heart...
A brutal, 12 hour drive through rain, horrific traffic, and colonic misery finally got me, Burke, and Kev home about an hour ago. I am already sad it is over, and am happily looking forward to next year's show.

Ya know, I realize we all just left this morning but damn, I should be hangin' out with everyone right now!! It was over WAY too soon, didn't get to say 'see ya' to ANYONE outside of the Res Breakfast room this morning and didn't run into alot of people I wanted to Sat. night... The only night I remembered my little throw away cameras...

sigh... :erk:

<- is holed up in his hotel room in Atlanta still

I wish we had known. We could have hung out tonight. We didn't get to meet you though we've talked in PPChat. :(

It was over WAY too soon, didn't get to say 'see ya' to ANYONE outside of the Res Breakfast room this morning and didn't run into alot of people I wanted to Sat. night...

Yardleybates and I were talking about that today. I think it would be cool if the Showcase started earlier, and had more in between set time to hang out with friends. When the Preparty/Showcase was upstairs, you could watch the bands and still hang out. With it in the main venue, it's great for seeing the bands, but makes hanging out more difficult.

Last year, I had to hang out until 8PM for my train to leave. I pretty much holed up at a sports bar and watched football until it was time to leave. Yes, it is a bit sad, but it can be dealt with.

Jason

MISS YOU GUYS!

-MEtal

My sentiments exactly... :cry:

This year, I've met a lot of cool people and I nearly had to chock back a tear when I left the venue after it was all done Saturday Evening/Sunday morning. Sucks staying at the Super 8, as there was no body out hanging out, and walking back to the Granada was just not going to happen at 3 in the morning.

Well, at least I got Jaxx nearby so I'll get to see some of you more local to the Baltimore/D.C./Richmond area. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at the Nightwish show coming up on the 15th.

But like Dmine45 said, we were throwing horns all over the airport and even sat around and chatted with a few folks to kill time. Even in the food court, there where no tables, but a couple of fellow metalheads saw us and offered up seat to sit with them. We ended up chatting for a good hour or two before having to split to catch the flight home (only to encounter another one at our gate :headbang:).

I am so looking forward to next year's event!

My sentiments exactly... :cry:

This year, I've met a lot of cool people and I nearly had to chock back a tear when I left the venue after it was all done Saturday Evening/Sunday morning. Sucks staying at the Super 8, as there was no body out hanging out, and walking back to the Granada was just not going to happen at 3 in the morning.

Well, at least I got Jaxx nearby so I'll get to see some of you more local to the Baltimore/D.C./Richmond area. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at the Nightwish show coming up on the 15th.

But like Dmine45 said, we were throwing horns all over the airport and even sat around and chatted with a few folks to kill time. Even in the food court, there where no tables, but a couple of fellow metalheads saw us and offered up seat to sit with them. We ended up chatting for a good hour or two before having to split to catch the flight home (only to encounter another one at our gate :headbang:).

I am so looking forward to next year's event!

Glad you met a ton of people. Every year, I always run into someone at the airport on my way in... This year it was Bobby and Lori. The trip back was sad because I didn't think I'd see anyone. Low and behold, standing at the ticket counter was my "clove buddy" Jeff. So we had a smoke, hung out and then off I went.

I was so tired though, that I was asleep before we even taxiied out... Hell even before the plane was done boarding...

-Metal