super bowl!

Kenso

Juke Box Hero
Sep 18, 2006
zzz
who will win? why will they win? who are you rooting for?

who was your team(s) that you were rooting for?

add any other notes about nfl in general

new england will win, ive been rooting for them since the beginning of the season but when they beat indy i made a bet they would go undefeated, small amount of money though, but betting was fun

i was sweating bullet when new england played the ravens on espn though

i like the giants, they are my 4th fav team but i dont see em winning, they have a chance though

Giants are on a bit of a streak in away games. 10 w/o a loss since the very first loss to Dallas. And they had a close game with the Patriots for the last game of the season.
Personally, I don't want Patriots to win just because of the fans. So the Jets call them out on Video Gate and come the rematch, the Patriots are the ones with the right for retribution? WTF. You won the game, you did something against league rules but you are the one allowed to be all pissy?

And I am a Bills fan so.....

All i know is that the Giants lost two to Dallas.....and beat them.
They were blown out by Green bay......and beat them.
They lost to the Patriots......by three....and.......well, we will have to see...but I like where this is going.

One thing mentioned that caught my ear, by one of the patriots player (do not remember who)....
"The Giants were the toughest team we played all year. They are dangerous team."

No matter what happens, as a life ling fan, I am proud of what the Giants have accomplished this year...win or lose two weeks from now.

all valid, the giants are on a streak, but lets not forget new england has won 18 straight, and have found ways to win everytime, they have quite a bit of super bowl-experienced players, and they are going to be playing with everything they got, dont expect brady to be gunshy, cause points WILL be put up, the only way the giants are going to win i think is to really get their offense going. they also have to be consistent through the 4th quarter, cause thats when the pats will pull out at a massive comeback on you.

Anyone but the Patriots. As I am not really into NFL football, i don't care who really wins other than please not the Patriots. On Superbowl Sunday, I will be in the ProgPower chat room or watching movies, hell I would rather be cleaning the pool or garage.

PatriotsPlaque.jpg

I think the Patriots will win, but if Eli Manning plays like he has been without turning the ball over and the Giants can get pressure on Tom Brady without blitzing, then the Patriots will have their hands full. Also, Lawrence Maroney(Patriots) and Brandon Jacobs(Giants) could play a HUGE role for their respective teams if they can get a ground game going consistently. That's how you would have to beat the Patriots. Get a running game going to chew up the clock and limit the amount of offensive plays for the Patriots because they can score so quickly and almost seemingly at will.

Screw you haters! My Patriots will go all the way and beat the Giants. I know, Giants are hot, on a killer streak, but they don't have Tom Brady, Lawrence Maroney or Randy Moss. I have a feeling it'll be a close, low-scoring game, but New England will prevail!!

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Screw you haters! My Patriots will go all the way and beat the Giants. I know, Giants are hot, on a killer streak, but they don't have Tom Brady, Lawrence Maroney or Randy Moss. I have a feeling it'll be a close, low-scoring game, but New England will prevail!!

GO PATRIOTS!!!

i think the scoring depends on the weather

how cold is it going to be?

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Jacobs > maroney son!

Im more of a Giants fan for this game, but not a huge fan for either team

As far as I am concerned, my superbowl was Sunday night and we gave it away, and to thugs... the worst part! Sorry Lek, you know I love ya, but they are known for having dirty players. (I know, Al Harris is no saint either)They tried their hardest to help the pack win, and we just gave it back.

I am happy for some of them though. Strahan - finally goes to the big show. And Archie Manning - class act. So happy for him. (Yes, I said ARCHIE not Eli.)

I am a LONGTIME NFL and Packer fan/cheesehead and it was excruciating to watch. As much as I would like to say it was the "YOUNG" players, (they have the youngest team in the NFL) it was not the kids, it was the veteran. Favre really looked tired to me in this game. The seasons have really taken their toll.

All that being said, I HOPE he comes back one more year, even if it is an 8-8 year, so I have yet one more opportunity to see him play at Lambeau. He is the best ever, and I know he is (and should be) in the last days in the NFL. BUT even an old, tired Favre is more talented and exciting than most NFL QB's currently playing.
Brady Schmady! He is good, but not even close to the best ever. Eli's good too, but I think this will be a boring game.

Brady Schmady! He is good, but not even close to the best ever. Eli's good too, but I think this will be a boring game.

well lets not forget the fact he had, arguably, the best single season for a qb in nfl history, and if they won this, wouldnt it be their 4th super bowl in 7 years? under the same QB?

these teams already played once and i dont remember it being boring, that was only about a month ago too.

like brady or not, if he keeps it up, he will go down as one of the best QBs of all time. thats not to take anything away from brett either.

even for teams you dislike you gotta admit when they are good, i cant STAND pittsburgh, like if they went 0-16 for the next 20 years i would be happy, but i will be among the first wave of people to say that ben roethlesburger(sp) is one hell of a QB, he won a super bowl, what, his second year?

I'll start off by saying I loathe the Giants. Maybe loathe is too strong a word... Hate. Hate is good. I hate the Giants. I hate the Redskins and Eagles too, but that's what any upstanding Dallas Cowboys fan has to do. I can't root for a division rival to win no matter what. That being said, I hate the Patriots as much as, if not more than, the Giants/Redskins/Eagles. Bill Belicheat doesn't deserve to be there and I would like nothing more than to see them go undefeated all this way only to lose in the big game.

So, what's a guy to do when the only outcome is a bad one? Do the unthinkable: Root for a tie.

Yes, Yes... I am not that much of an idiot to know that there is absolutely ZERO chance the Super Bowl will end in a tie. The game will go on for a month if that is how many 15-minute overtimes it takes to determine a winner. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. Unfortunately the only way my "dream" will happen is if some sort of unforeseen and unthinkable event occurs on Super Bowl Sunday - i.e. that UFO sighted in West Texas hovers over the roof of the University of Phoenix Stadium and sucks up both teams, their coaching staffs, their water boys, their cheerleaders (nah, scratch that - leave the cheerleaders), the field, and their mascots. Then and only then could the game end in a tie. So, please little green men, please come back and save the world from the horror that is a Giants/Pats Super Bowl! :lol:

well lets not forget the fact he had, arguably, the best single season for a qb in nfl history, and if they won this, wouldnt it be their 4th super bowl in 7 years? under the same QB?

No argument there, he just has a bunch more years to play at that level to be considered by ME as one of the best ever. The key words there are "Single Season". Not trying to argue, just clarifying my position on the "best ever" title. I am sick to death of the media darling after a 7 year career. BF has started every game since 1992. :worship: