Superb.

Yeah pretty much. Reaching out for death is cool, but those particular hands in that particular pic in that particular position etc just look bad to me.

Yea because he's NOT FUCKING WANTING TO DIE

I think it would be extremely uncool if someone jumped on the Reaper's lap and hugged him. The guy isn't even having dirty hands aka he's not miserable aka he doesn't want to die. Plus every normal homo sapiens sapiens immediately clearly understands what's going on is that some guy is scared of the Reaper, he's in panic, the hands are well done.

He's fucking REACHING AWAY, what you are saying is just fucking stupid. The person is standing, and you just don't hold your fingers like that when you see your girlfriend since long time..

I think it would be extremely uncool if someone jumped on the Reaper's lap and hugged him. The guy isn't even having dirty hands aka he's not miserable aka he doesn't want to die. Plus every normal homo sapiens sapiens immediately clearly understands what's going on is that some guy is scared of the Reaper, he's in panic, the hands are well done.

the hands show that they are strained. and yes, there's an 80% chance that the guy is actually scared of the reaper, but you can also look at it in ANOTHER way and think of the hands being strained as in they are eager to embrace death. and stop trying to relate this to iron maiden.
He's fucking REACHING AWAY, what you are saying is just fucking stupid. The person is standing, and you just don't hold your fingers like that when you see your girlfriend since long time..

wtf? why would you reach for something you don't want. what YOU are saying is "just fucking stupid." think before you speak. and you need to expand your mind a little more. but whatevs, i'm done.

Umm ok

I DIDN'T SAY HE DIDN'T. I just said I don't like the look of them there, chill the fuck out.

The artist has probably done several illustrations but this one led a little further, to a complete work. Since they do now release this, maybe there aren't any others. But will this be used to something, maybe their next album? Or single. Indeed this would tell their next album is COB's Black album. Like darker shit. You can't hear the guitars loud enough in AYDY, plus there's not enough keyboards. Keep it heavy but bring back the magic! Man so can't fucking wait for the next album... and it's an eternity away. There's gonna be 3 more COB albums from what we know now, and logically I think they will make a darker sounding album next. One of them has to have winter artwork, it's a finnish band.. And one of them inside the eyes of one of the guys who were killed in the tent with the Reaper's shadow outside..

I was going to mention that they should use a frozen lake bodom for artwork on a future album, that'd be awesome.

300px-Bodomjarvi_talvella.jpg

Something like that but a little more grim.

There are some rumours that this cover was actually used for some promo single in the UK but not even the people at Spinefarm know more about it, so probably it's not true and it can be used for a future COB release.

I also have another draft of this cover and on the wall there's "ARE YOU DEAD YET?" written, so probably it was supposed to be something promotional for that album. I try to upload it later.

+ can't wait for the unholy alliance DVD

Well, the COB stuff on it won't be that special. As far as I know, it won't be the full show but only 2 or 3 songs, most likely Hate Me!, Downfall and Angels Don't Kill. COB also won't get any money from the sales of this release.

I was going to mention that they should use a frozen lake bodom for artwork on a future album, that'd be awesome.

Hey, stop stealing ideas that I already had in 2001:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/children-bodom/8891-what-color.html#9
:p

Yeah those hands look stupid but the reaper is awesome.

Reaching out for death is cool, but those particular hands in that particular pic in that particular position etc just look bad to me.

Exactly, I totally agree.

COB also won't get any money from the sales of this release.

:erk: That sucks :(

Pwnd :lol:

Well, the COB stuff on it won't be that special. As far as I know, it won't be the full show but only 2 or 3 songs, most likely Hate Me!, Downfall and Angels Don't Kill. COB also won't get any money from the sales of this release.

Well that sucks :erk:

Of course it's a good promotional way to get more attention when your band appears on a Slayer DVD. But on the other hand, also Slayer sell more copies of the DVD when the name Children Of Bodom is on it.

Janne or Henkka (can't remember) told me that the band wouldn't see much money or even no money at all of the sales, so actually I wasn't even supposed to advertise the DVD.

Of course it's a good promotional way to get more attention when your band appears on a Slayer DVD. But on the other hand, also Slayer sell more copies of the DVD when the name Children Of Bodom is on it.

Janne or Henkka (can't remember) told me that the band wouldn't see much money or even no money at all of the sales, so actually I wasn't even supposed to advertise the DVD.

:lol: Bad boy :p

But yeh that sucks for the band, totally not fair... and I told Jaska AND Henkka this (seperately) the night of the 19th at the after-party, and this other guy that was there with me when I said it to Jaska whole-heartedly agreed, but I told them Children of Bodom is better than Slayer. They were both modest but, I think deep down they agreed, despite the fact Slayer is a band they both like very much.

But to me, CoB pwns Slayer, but Slayer is just more well-known in America and has been around longer but still :erk: Not fair.

Yay, another dvd i'm not going to get....but i wish i could. Sounds awsome though. The artwork is really good. It's better than the cover of AYDY. I just don't like the hands. I think they should have shadowed them.

COB do pwn Slayer, but it's Slayer's tour so it's only reasonable that COB don't get much footage. I hope the LOG stuff is really good.

No offense, but not really. The concept behind it is totally lost. I mean, the only thing I see is that the reaper/death is camouflaging with the wall. Why would death hide? Plus the hands, if shadowed, would lose the loss of blood look. If you see it this way- the paleness is not only to represent a loss of blood, but to add a contrast in color; almost like what you are looking for in the frozen lake of bodom, with all it's ice.

I think something dark just underneath the ice would look cool.

Yeah they need something with more personality.

When they're promoting an album on tour they use the Reaper of the artwork there on the stage. I don't think this one would work really.. it's too normal and therefore lame. I like the idea much though

The Reaper looks gay and the scythe is sooooooooo fucking short.. I'd like them using this concept but make it more scary