Support in Hartford?

dew

Jun 26, 2005
I can't help but notice that it doesn't appear that Into Eternity and Epica are making it to Hartford, any idea what bands are opening? I'm assuming mainly locals, but which or how many of them?

And maybe you could tell me what time Symphony X's set is penciled in to start? I don't want to offend anybody if their local band is opening or anything, but I haven't exactly heard many local bands in CT that I really liked.

on the Webster Theater's Website, it only lists Symphony X on the bill. Also, on the blabbermouth article announcing the replacement vocalist for Epica on the SX tour, it showed opening night of that tour being on April 4 @ Middle East in Boston, NOT April 3 in Hartford.

Regardless, most headliners for the Webster start between 10-1030, all shows end at Midnight, however, I might get there a bit early just to see what the deal is.

Lets just hope for better sound this time around - Webster is hit or miss for sound, and I wouldn't call them a Hit for the last time SX came through.

on the Webster Theater's Website, it only lists Symphony X on the bill.

Many venue sites do that though, only list the headliner; doesn't necessarily mean there are no openers.

Also, on the blabbermouth article announcing the replacement vocalist for Epica on the SX tour, it showed opening night of that tour being on April 4 @ Middle East in Boston, NOT April 3 in Hartford.

Blabbermouth? Uh..consider the source.. :lol:

I should go to this, but isnt Hartford all the way to the coast ?... checks map.... hell no... thats not that far away. 2.5-3 hrs tops. What size it that theater ? I hope its bigger than "The Chance"

Lucky bastards.

Whatever opinions you have about Into Eternity and Epica, you have to admit that they're better than just about anything the CT local scene has to offer.

Jax, Blabbermouth isn't the only site that says they aren't showing up. If you check both Into Eternity and Epica's websites, neither has Hartford on the schedule. In fact, Into Eternity's website says that they're playing a show on April 3rd, but they are not playing in Hartford.

If I do go, I'll plan on showing up at about 10:30 because I'm in no mood to sit through the terrible locals again.

And razoredge, Hartford is right smack in the middle of Connecticut. Webster has two stages, the area with the main stage is a little bigger than Chance but it's not a great venue.

The music scene in Hartford sucks so many dickbutts. The only acts that are there either just suck or are metalcore and suck even worse. The chances of finding a good opener in Hartford are slim.
I should go to this, but isnt Hartford all the way to the coast ?... checks map.... hell no... thats not that far away. 2.5-3 hrs tops. What size it that theater ? I hope its bigger than "The Chance"
Webster Theater is ok, but not awesome. It's a great size for Sym X to play, but the acoustics are shit. And it's also smack in the middle of the sketchiest part of the city, so you can probably walk out of the show, across the street and find somebody who can sell you crack. :lol:

And it's also smack in the middle of the sketchiest part of the city, so you can probably walk out of the show, across the street and find somebody who can sell you crack. :lol:

Let me tell you from experience, that yes. Yes you can. Theres a yellow brick building behind the parking lot, its like a small apartment complex. You also can't help but notice the Red Light in one of the windows.

And I'm actually Really disappointed that Into Eternity isn't playing at the Hartford show. Looks like I have to go to Boston to see this show twice now. GOSH DARN!

I think Im going to skip it then... the Queensryche show at The Chance was nuts, band was good, sound was decent, but they sold the place like 150%, might be the same kind of thing in Hartford.

I think Im going to skip it then... the Queensryche show at The Chance was nuts, band was good, sound was decent, but they sold the place like 150%, might be the same kind of thing in Hartford.

Its a 1200 capacity venue, SX filled up about half the place when they played here last July. I anticipate a similar turnout. Guaranteed no overcrowding, period.

Haven't heard anything from the CT local scene.

Well then, let me tell you, there isn't a local band in the state I'd rather see than Into Eternity or Epica.

I might show up for Symphony X at 10-10:30 but I'm on the fence right now. I definately would've made it if the openers were showing up, but there's just too much uncertainty with this show as-is, and I'd just hate to show up at 10 only to find out that they went on at 9.

And the price isn't likely to be more than 25.

so ya show up at 9 if a "crap" band is playing you go outside around the corner, get some crack and a hoe.... kill an hour.... go back in

is there safe parking around this place ?

why are you saying all crap local acts........ microphone growling ? I believe in supporting local or less known bands... to a limit