survived a car crash today.

Fuck dude, yet another victim of Brisbane/Queensland roads... Fuck that.

Glad to hear you got out of it alright though man, seriously. The missus has had quite a few close calls driving to and from Brissy this year from the Gold Coast, not a fun experience.

Fuck dude, yet another victim of Brisbane/Queensland roads... Fuck that.

Glad to hear you got out of it alright though man, seriously. The missus has had quite a few close calls driving to and from Brissy this year from the Gold Coast, not a fun experience.

It can be taken for granted. As soon as you hit the roads here you're gambling with your life.

It can be taken for granted. As soon as you hit the roads here you're gambling with your life.

Yeah it's fucking insane. I remember it being a bit better in Melbourne when I lived down there, but I'm beginning to think that "worse in a different way" is a more appropriate way of putting it.

Either way though it's good he didn't get [more seriously] injured.

I could go on forever about the retards on the australia roads...dickheads who slam brakes on then indicate as they already halfway through the turn... :guh:... people who ride up your arse when there is a car in front of your that your keeping a safe distance from. people who don't stick to the left when going 75 in an 80 zone.

^ People that drive way under the speed limit because it's "safer" make me as enraged as the assholes who think a "110km/h" sign on the freeway means "do 180Km/h"

yep...defensive 'safe' indecisive drivers cause plenty of accidents.

I see it all the time when they think it's appropriate to merge onto the 100km/h freeway at 60-70km/h. :lol:

If the bumpers were never hit then there's really not much they can do about it - most steering wheel based airbags only deploy if sensors in the bumpers are tripped.

yeah man, and it's ridiculous how the rules can be so different in two parts of the same country..
when I was over there my mate was making his motorbike license, that was in NSW, another friend of mine lived just like 10km from there, but that was queensland already...while in NSW the license is not that easy to get (still NOTHING compared to Germany) it's a piece of piss in Queensland...you pretty much just walk in, do a test with like 10 easy questions and walk out with your license...ridiculous

Glad you're not hurt man - did you get hit from the side? That's most likely why the air bags didn't deploy (luckily!).

nah dude, i went head on into a power pole. wrapped the front of the car around the thing too. then when i got out of the car i realised that pretty much half the cars engine and dash was basically in the passenger seat next to me. paramedics and cops said i did the right thing hitting the pole, otherwise i would of flipped and went straight into head on traffic at practically full speed. there was a write up in the newspaper today about the accident, it said the police are still undecided on the cause of the accident (even though it is painfully obvious what happened, even witnesses saw it and backed me up).

i actually went to hospital this morning, my neck and right shoulder are fucked from the accident. doctors just gave me painkillers and sent me on my way.

Aussie drivers seem to be getting worse as time goes by IMO.

Trust me, it's not just Australia, this thing has gone global. Hell I've been in two highway-speed accidents where I escaped with barely a belt-burn both times - neither one was my fault and I have full coverage so in the end they both worked out well. but man, when I was going sideways into the median barrier, def got life flashing before my eyes heh. It makes you drive much more defensively for sure. My pops was killed in an auto accident as well, so yeah I got no love for driving. Only when I have to. Good luck getting it all worked out man!

I have to say I've actually heard (from a couple of British guys no less) that the drivers over here are much better than England... That scared me quite a bit.

The thing is lack of education, no-one over here actually respects their vehicle, and they view having a license as a right, not a privilege that they have to earn, and I think that's one of the biggest issues.

Heavy Ty. Hope you're goin alright. Keep a post accident diary for court.

Lasse, were you workin out of 301 at Byron?

yeah, im going back to the doctors tomorrow, neck and right shoulder are feeling pretty sketchy/ hurt.

also i did a fair few assistant sessions at 301 Byron considering i went to the college where it was situated.

Note: i actually feel like a dick mentioning i went to an audio college on this forum. just saying.