SWALLOW THE SUN-HOPE

yeah, that song is great and Jonas vocs in the chorus sound perfect. I'm kinda biased against STS as a band though, since they receive more attention than better Doom/Death bands thanks to their great melodeath influence

Would you mind naming a few doom/death bands that are better than STS yet haven't gotten the attention they deserve?

Slumber are a swedish melodic Doom/Death band with a lot of keyboard layers. Kinda like Draconian, but better IMO. Mourning Beloveth are slow, sorrowful, heavy and epic as hell with DEEP growls.

Slumber has one cd out called "Fallout" and my MB favourite is "The Sullen Sulcus"

Slumber are pretty much like Swallow The Sun, piano over doom/death

Mourning Beloveth are from Eire, like Angel-era MDB, but with both narratives and growls. worth checking out.

i've got Swallow The Sun promo 2 weeks ago, but didn't want to say much about it..

i interviewed the guys and they were pretty much depressed cos the promos are done and sent so much before the album actually comes out..

they sorta knew it would leak, but hell, 3 months is too much time from leaking to actual release date..

Daylight Dies, Slumber, Novembers Doom and Mourning Beloveth are four vastly superior bands pretty much unknown compared to STS

I probably agree with you but just because "Ghost of loss" (second STS album) is far from being as good as "The morning never came". For me, TMNC is just brilliant. I listened only one song from "Hope". It seems good.

By the way, do you know what´s the new name from the Slumber guys? Unfortunately I think their music will change a lot. A pity ´cause "Fallout" is an amazing underrated album. A hidden jewel.

I probably agree with you but just because "Ghost of loss" (second STS album) is far from being as good as "The morning never came". For me, TMNC is just brilliant. I listened only one song from "Hope". It seems good.

By the way, do you know what´s the new name from the Slumber guys? Unfortunately I think their music will change a lot. A pity ´cause "Fallout" is an amazing underrated album. A hidden jewel.

Yeah, I agree that the debut is way better. "Through Her Silvery Body" remains my favourite song from them. I have only listen to the song where Jonas sings and that one is great. I agree what Adam said earlier btw, Jonas must've written those vocal melodies himself. They're brilliant.

I don't know actually. I hope they remain playing death/doom, cause I agree completely with what you said. That album is beyond awesome. I can't believe most people haven't heard about them