Swallow the Sun - some doom du jour

I've never been a fan of Doom. However, I dug 2007's Hope. And now I'm really digging Plague Of Butterflies. I can't quite put my finger on what about the music separates them from most Doom which I dislike. Perhaps it's the atmosphere? Hard to say. Regardless... good disc.

Zod

i reviewed Hope for UM. i believe i called it doom death for beginners, all gloss, no substance.

seriously. i don't understand why this band is so popular (for a doom band). their first album had a few decent songs on it but overall this band is just extremely boring. i've tried listening to this band multiple times and each time i end up turning off the album after 2-3 songs.

Hey didn't we see these dudes open for Katatonia? The night I met you and Mike, but y'all actually met me twice, because NAD2 was in the crowd?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh man, that is so good. "prodded a trash receptacle" hahahaha

Seriously though, I used to get hammered, sleep a bit off in my car, then drive home sober(ish) around 4am all the time. Seemed like the logical choice back then, that's what I used to refer to as "band practice" every Saturday about a decade ago.