Some Doom metal realizations......

@Erik: To not spoil Ellestin's "depressive BM" thread even more...

My Shameful - Too Late

Forest Of Shadows - Sleeping Death

There's songs and albums that leave me incredibly sad (without making me want to imitate footbalm and jump off buildings), e. g. Elend's "Winds Devouring Men" or Forest Of Shadows in general, but also songs outside the genre of "dark" or "heavy" music (take Pearl Jam's "Black" for instance, or Sigur Rós). And there's music that makes me want to take a rope or slit my wrists immediately - Forgotten Tomb would be the perfect example for that kind of music. My Shameful do an equally "good" job though.

No matter how much I like BMD, it fails to depress me. :confused:

I hope the uploads are working alright this time.

Forgotten Tomb is just a bleak carbon copy of Dolorian and Katatonia mixed with Burzum in my eyes. I keep the first album alright, 'cause it's pretty good, but they're second tier at best.

Anyhoo, thanks for the downloads. I already know and like Forest of Shadows -- just about the only death-doom band in Sweden :erk:

No matter how much I like BMD, it fails to depress me.
Shrug, I guess it works differently for different people. It's almost physically painful for me to hear that album

snow2fall said:
...but also songs outside the genre of "dark" or "heavy" music (take Pearl Jam's "Black" for instance, or Sigur Rós).

Man, I LOVE that Pearl Jam song! It's very fucking sad, and very beautiful. But it's pretty much the only song by them I like. I've heard the rest of that album and nothing else impressed me at all really. Do you know if they have any other stuff as good as that?

As for Sigur Ros, I've only ever heard one song that I downloaded from their website, "Leit af Lifi", and it wasn't at all what I was expecting, didn't really like it all. I'm guessing that isn't representative of their sound though as it wasn't sad at all. What would be a better song to check out?

Doom said:
Man, I LOVE that Pearl Jam song! It's very fucking sad, and very beautiful. But it's pretty much the only song by them I like. I've heard the rest of that album and nothing else impressed me at all really. Do you know if they have any other stuff as good as that?

As for Sigur Ros, I've only ever heard one song that I downloaded from their website, "Leit af Lifi", and it wasn't at all what I was expecting, didn't really like it all. I'm guessing that isn't representative of their sound though as it wasn't sad at all. What would be a better song to check out?
Pearl Jam's "Ten" is one of my favourite records, I equally like each and every song of that album. I'd even call it a perfect album. As you seem to prefer the sadder, more depressing tunes (must be a reason for your nick, eh?! :p ), you may like "Nothingman" or "Immortality" of their album "Vitalogy". I'd also recommend you to listen to "Garden" (off of "Ten") again. :worship:
As for Sigur Rós, you should listen to their album "Agaetis Byrjun". It's so beautiful I don't know whether to cry with joy or pain when I listen to it.

PM me if you want me to hook you up with any song. :wave: