Swedish metal rules!

Good call, winter-frost!
Where is Nevyn? I also seem to remember him being thoroughly cool.

And, yeah, the fact that Sweden has to it's credit several individuals who single-handedly act as pillars of musical greatness... Dan "yeah, I'm in the credits" Swano, Peter Tagtgren, Fredrick Nordstrom and his studio Fredman, amongst others, all come to mind.

Well I talked a bit to Nevyn, but I don't know where he is off to.
My guess is that he went home to his parents or something over summer since he was a university student like me.
Unlike him I'll be here to plague you most of the summer though *evil laugh*

Indeed, Swedish metal rules. No matter how much I despise Swedish people :) and hate the Swedish language (which ALL of us Finns are forced to study in the school!), I must admit the Swedes do some of the best music ever. Some time ago I was asked, what are the ten best things coming from Sweden and I went like: "Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, In Flames, Therion, Edge of Sanity, Tiamat, Unanimated (RIP)..." :D

-Villain

Thank god someone finally mentioned Pain of Salvation. When it comes to progressive metal these guys are about as good as it gets. Although they have two completely different styles, PoS is similiar to Opeth in terms of song writing and overall quality of the music. Anyone who is into progressive metal, such as Dream Theater, should definitely check these guys out.

Yeah, there are many good bands from Sweden. In my country there are only a few good metal bands.
For example:
Ancient Rites is a great band and Rhymes of Destruction,...