SX Bonus DVD... what a piece of crap...

I am in no way trying to diss SX. I am very appreciative and think they went above and beyond with the CD, and the packaging, artwork and so on.

I gotta admit though the DVD is a waste. The audio is so horrid I couldnt get past 30 seconds of any video.

The bootleg from the NYC show a few weeks ago is 10 times better than this (audio wise).

Im not too upset as I bought 4 different versions anyways. I do agree with Zod though. If you're charging extra money release something thats at least watchable.

SYMPHONYX.jpg

I am in no way trying to diss SX. I am very appreciative and think they went above and beyond with the CD, and the packaging, artwork and so on.

I gotta admit though the DVD is a waste. The audio is so horrid I couldnt get past 30 seconds of any video.

The bootleg from the NYC show a few weeks ago is 10 times better than this (audio wise).

Im not too upset as I bought 4 different versions anyways. I do agree with Zod though. If you're charging extra money release something thats at least watchable.

SYMPHONYX.jpg

Which version is the one with the fancy flames?

Yeah, I was planning on getting the DVD, but heard similar comments about the quality, so now I'm gonna get the regular digipak.

@eppst1...the "fancy flames" are part of the digipak (the normal digi and digi w/DVD are the same packaging-wise from what I gather)

Well then, I guess I'm not surprised as their official live CD, "Live on the Edge
of Forever" was one of the worst quality audio recordings I've ever listened to. Russell sounded great, but the entire band sounded like they were playing in the room next door...with the door closed. :puke:

Damn, I wish I had read up more on the DVD before springing for the package. What can I say, I saw Symphony X and DVD in the same setence and lost all reason.

The DVD is a piece of shit. Bad, bad quality. It's embarrassing, and unfortunately, it is the most extensive commercially available video of the band.

A documentary would have been far more desirable. The packaging is pretty cool, although you might think you've accidentally bought a Tool album. Pretty freaky stuff.

But seriously, a partial refund is in order.

The best Symphony X performance (outside of Glenn's private stash) are the two songs on the Gigantour DVD. They are in widescreen and Dolby Digital. So excellent sound and picture (Inferno and Of Sins And Shadows). Worth the cost to rent it.

The two DT songs aren't bad either but they deliberately picked more punkish songs (The Glass Prison and Panic Attack). So there are better performances and songs on the two DT discs Live At The Budokan and Score.

I'm not trying to be insulting at all, but I would not be surprised if Romeo has a short memory regarding this as I never spoke with him directly. If his eyebrows gets raised then please take care of it for me. For the record, I spoke directly to Russell and he spoke to the band and got permission for me to shoot it so his mother could have a copy of the show. I showed the edited version of "Egypt" to Inside Out and received permission to post it online several years ago because it turned out so good.

Their "bootleg" fears of the show should be alleviated now as it has been almost four years and there only two people have copies (other than Russ) and that includes me and Angry Woodchuck Productions (who shot the thing). It is in the vault never to see the light of day without their permission.

Glenn

Asked him about it today. He said he heard something about that after the fact. Apparently they didn't even want to have a bonus disc but it was more of a political thing than anything. As for using it on their real DVD he said they want to do something bigger now with the new songs and a bigger production. That's about all I could get out of him :)

Entire interview to be available soon!