Sx Dvd

Originally posted by shredguitarman
This may have been asked already but I'm only a new member!! :D

Have SX had any of their concerts recorded in full?

Is there any chance of these being released on DVD in the near future...

I'm going out on a limb with this one, but I think I know the answers.

I do not believe that the band has had ANY show FORMALLY recorded to video. There have been some bootlegs floating around, but that's about the extent of it. Dont think for a moment that the band authorized them to exist either. I think the only ones that had the formal blessing of the band may have been the "Egypt" footage.

As far as a DVD is concerned, I'm sure they would love to do it and I know the label would be more than behind it as well. MJR is a huge DVD fan if you didn't know. Just give them time. How about letting the Odyssey come out first. Once that is out and they start lining up the tour dates, then maybe they can think about doing something else down the road.

Glenn

I'm sure we'll see a DVD in the not TOO distant future, but yes, the Odyssey is their primary concern at the moment [obviously :cool: ]. Hopefully though they will record a full concert with best bits from each album when they start touring again [and come to England-PLEASE! :rolleyes: ] and have some studio footage too [that'd kick ass!!!].

I'm hoping for too much aren't I? :lol:

I bought the bootleg dvd that on ebay right now, and it's well worth the $20. If they label puts one out, I'll buy that too, or anything else these guys put on the shelf. Lets get these guys out of their day jobs, lol.

Cutlas7

Yeah your right... they MUST come to England...I'm sure there must be enough of us to attend at least one location!!! I guess we'd all travel whatever it took eh?

wish they'd tied up with DT at the start of the year instead of Pain of Salvation...

that would have been unbelievable..

I think the only ones that had the formal blessing of the band may have been the "Egypt" footage.

That is correct. The entire show was taped with the blessing of the band. In fact, I have the entire ProgPower USA performance edited the same as the "Egypt" video on DVD.

The band has a copy of the footage and are free to release any portion of it to the public in any format. I think it would be a hell of a nice "bonus" track on the re-releases myself. Imagine picking up the DWoT with the video for their only live performance (to my knowledge) of "The Edge of Forever" from ProgPower USA 2.0.

Glenn H.

Originally posted by Harvester

The band has a copy of the footage and are free to release any portion of it to the public in any format. I think it would be a hell of a nice "bonus" track on the re-releases myself. Imagine picking up the DWoT with the video for their only live performance (to my knowledge) of "The Edge of Forever" from ProgPower USA 2.0.

Glenn H.

Call me picky, but that footage would go much better on the Damnation Game reissue ;) Let the "Out of the Ashes" footage go on DWoT.

Glenn....er the Anti-Glenn in this case!