SX/EPICA/IE TOUR ROLL CALL!

Amanda is an incredible singer. It's a great thing she's doing to help out the band and keep EPICA on this tour. While not my favorite band by far, I still do enjoy EPICA and would much rather see them with Amanda than some fucking shitty hardcore band that surely would've been their replacement.

Well.. they should let After Forever play instead, dammit. I mean, Simone is the voice and image of Epica

Yeah After Forever would fit in great, but wishful thinking nonetheless.

And I agree, Simone is totally the voice and image of Epica, and I think it's somewhat foolish to use a fill in for a band that is really trying to make it in the U.S. Perhaps this is exactly the reason why they're doing that, but frankly I'm pretty upset.

WOW! I too am upset, I've just been listening to the latest Epica all week as I gear up for the Chicago show. It is very unfortunate for the band as they try to crack the US nut. More unfortunate for Simone and her health. I was hoping she would be better by now.

But... After watching Amanda on the After Forever DVD that came with Reimagine, it is very very evident she has an incredible talent. She has coached both Simone and Floor, so I am happy with the replacement and I know I will enjoy the show with her.

Well, that's one less show I'll be seeing this year. I know it's shallow of me, but I'm not a super Epica fan. I mainly wanted to go just to meet Simone. Oh well. Hope she's back in the US soon.

How does Amanda's voice compare to Simone's? Has anyone here actually seen and heard Amanda perform live before? If so, how was it? See y'all on the 1st!

I gotta say that I am looking forward to seeing and hearing Into Eternity the most of the 3 bands on the bill. Especially since Simone won't be appearing with Epica on this leg of the tour.:OMG::erk::mad::cry: Oh well.
Here's how I rate these 3 bands in their current states in anticipation of the upcoming tour:
IE 10/10
SX 9/10
Epica 8/10

Had Simone been in the Epica lineup, it would have garnered them an 11/10.:kickass:

I didn't know who Amanda was until I realized she's the one doing some vox on the new Avantasia. If those songs are anything to go by, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her fill in for Simone!

Ken

I didn't know who Amanda was until I realized she's the one doing some vox on the new Avantasia. If those songs are anything to go by, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her fill in for Simone!

Ken
Thanks for that info! I have the latest Avantasia CD. Based on this revelation, allow me to change my anticipation rating for Epica! 9.5/10 :kickass: