SX/EPICA/IE TOUR ROLL CALL!

for those of you in the Midwest, I was informed yesterday that SACRED DAWN will be at the PEARL ROOM outside of Chicago with this tour for their official Release party of their new album on the 13th of this month.
Right on, Lance! When's the new Avian CD due out?

Boston tonight. It's sold out! (whoa). I like Amanda Somerville (previous to the new Avantasia, she was also on AINA Days of Rising Doom). But for me it's really about Symphony X ... 5 years since I saw them headline is a long time.

Boston tonight. It's sold out! (whoa). I like Amanda Somerville (previous to the new Avantasia, she was also on AINA Days of Rising Doom). But for me it's really about Symphony X ... 5 years since I saw them headline is a long time.
Yeah, I enjoyed their last gig at PPUSA! It was on The Odyssey tour. How was the show, BTW?

Boston show was great. Sold out and crowded as hell, with a sprinkling of jerks and at least 4 fights when Syx started (i know!). Heavy on the new album and no Odyssey but I enjoyed it. Epica was good and Amanda has a great voice. Into Eternity was great as well.

Boston show was great. Sold out and crowded as hell, with a sprinkling of jerks and at least 4 fights when Syx started (i know!). Heavy on the new album and no Odyssey but I enjoyed it. Epica was good and Amanda has a great voice. Into Eternity was great as well.
Thanks for the good report. I hate that they left out Odysse, but I hope to hear at least 3 or 4 from V.

Very hot room full of sweaty metalheads. Symphony X played fantastic...I've always thought their live show matched and/or surpassed their albums due to the added energy and fun factor, and last night was no exception. I'm not very impressed with Russellmania's 'I'm a heavy metal badass' attitude, which I don't recall being present previous times seeing them, but it wasn't a detriment to the musical performance (and he did have some amusing remarks about Boston sports and about the difference between Michael Romeo and Guitar Hero). The set was basically the same as the one posted on Blabbermouth. I had a great time.

Very hot room full of sweaty metalheads. Symphony X played fantastic...I've always thought their live show matched and/or surpassed their albums due to the added energy and fun factor, and last night was no exception. I'm not very impressed with Russellmania's 'I'm a heavy metal badass' attitude, which I don't recall being present previous times seeing them, but it wasn't a detriment to the musical performance (and he did have some amusing remarks about Boston sports and about the difference between Michael Romeo and Guitar Hero). The set was basically the same as the one posted on Blabbermouth. I had a great time.
Right on! Go RedSox!

Yip and I are trying to figure out what show we will be able to go to. Between his flight schedule and my candle biz schedule, it's no easy task!

Nice to be able to fly for free once we get our schedules figgered out though :)

for those of you in the Midwest, I was informed yesterday that SACRED DAWN will be at the PEARL ROOM outside of Chicago with this tour for their official Release party of their new album on the 13th of this month.

Sacred Dawn performed a killer set that, surprisingly, was more cohesive, had better sound, and was more fun to watch than any band that followed them, Amanda filling in for Simone notwithstanding.

The SymX set was muddy, at best. The sound was absolutely shitty. It was like trying to listen to a conversation with noise-canceling headphones on. Everything was a sludge. Even Michael Romeo's guitar was lost somewhere in the mix. And I don't even know what to say about Russell Allen. He was not in his finest form -- physically, or sonically. He seemed to forget lyrics, miss notes, and pace around the stage in his best rock-star manner. All sound issues aside, this was a lethargic, lackluster Symphony X.

I missed Sacred Dawn and Into Eternity. I thought Epica was pretty good, but I only recognized one song as they played mostly new stuff. I thought Amanda was good, but I miss Simone (who wouldn't?).

Although I agree the sound was overly bassy, I wouldn't have characterized it as "shitty", although I think it depends on where you're standing and if you're wearing plugs. Having only seen them once before, I don't know if this was "lethargic" or "lackluster" as they were basically the same as I saw before. I knew more of the Paradise Lost material this time, so I enjoyed the show that much more. The band seemed to be enjoying themselves with lots of smiles. I thought they were great...

I look forward to seeing this as well at the Masquerade. Who else is playing besides SX, Epica and IE?