Giagantour 2005 Tour

7thSaviour

Power Metal Maniac
Jul 8, 2005
Dixieland USA
Who's going to see this tour somewhere this summer, and where? I'd like to know which of y'all will be at the Gwinnett show, in particular. Hail!

Can someone please post when Symphony X goes on? There is no way I am sitting through all that garbage if they go on first. I'm hoping they get the slot right before DT and Megadeth. Thanks in advance

nightwish58 said:
Can someone please post when Symphony X goes on? There is no way I am sitting through all that garbage if they go on first. I'm hoping they get the slot right before DT and Megadeth. Thanks in advance

I'm with you on that.

Dave and I will be at the Holmdel, NJ show and since that's right around the corner from where some of the SymX guys live, maybe they'll get a longer set? ;) Just dreaming. :Smug:

Have fun, y'all! I keep trying to find somebody to attend the show with me, but nobody seems to want to, or those that DO want to can't for whatever reasons. This may be a last minute decision for me.

urinalcakemix said:
I bought my tickets for the boston show. THEN they announced no SX. You have no idea how pissed I am.

Take your tickets back to point-of-purchase and demand your money back.

I'll be at the Gwinnett show. It's our understanding that all of the 'main stage' bands, plus Symphony X and Life of Agony, will be performing; the others will not be. (There is only one stage available.)

The poster for the show -- I saw one at Tower Records -- says "7 hours of music, doors at 4pm" or so.

The Atlanta date has sold about 1500 tickets so far....and reportedly that's a lot as compared to other cities. Hope the tour doesn't cancel. :ill:

Hahaha......so even Dave Mustaine trying to make it sell by putting a bunch of crappy bands on it didn't work. Maybe he should have actually put more good bands on the second stage. :D

Edit: Not that I hope it cancels or anything, just maybe next time Dave Mustaine should trust the fans and actually try putting more good bands on the bill.

Pumpkin: I have absolutely no regrets about the bands chosen for Gigantour. Only 2 bands I don't care for, so I'd say this is far better hit percentage than Ozzfest. Hell... even better than what BWBK's setlist offered, and that was a good setlist! But then again, I went to see Symphony X and they had four crappy local bands... that was a terrible hit percentage.

Oh well! Apples and oranges!

I'll be seeing the show at Pine Knob.