Sydney BDO was rad!!!

Gavin

Crikey
Apr 17, 2001
Fear Factory was pretty good, very big sound through those awesome speakers
The Darkness went off, I think they made a lot of instant new fans yesterday
and Metallica was fucking awesome
Complete with natural lightning storm in the sky ! the set was very similar to the sydney show.
Highlights were Bells Toll, Puppets and One
I was suprised how many young chicks new all the words to all the old shit !

All you sad cases who can't have a good time at the big day out have somting seriously wrong with you!

THE DARKNESS :headbang:
METALLICA :headbang:
i heard Fear Factory from the Sydney BDO on Channel V today and 'Replica' sounded like absolute shit. the drums were fucking terrible, the guitars were muddy and Burton's clean voice is fucking disgusting

This was my 10th Big Day Out(Friday) and was definitely the most enjoyable for me.Most BDO there are usually one or two perfomances that really stand out but there quite a lot for me at this years BDO

The Casanovas-saw them for the first time on Thursday night before BDO as support for THe Darkness.A great 3 piece band who finished their set with an awesome version of AC/DC's RiFF RaFF.....which will give you a good idea of what the rest of the set sounded like(AC/DC meets Motorhead!).Ana wesome start to the day!

The Darkness-really impressed with their headline show on the Thursday,i made sure i was inside the D-Barrier well before they started and got a spot on the front(main) barrier!The future of Rock N Roll (via the 70's!)

Jet-i only knew the one song from the radio(are you goona be my girl) but really enjoyed this set.More rock'n'roll than the single!!!

Hoodoo Gurus-i really enjoyed this set which featured some of their big hits plus a few new songs as well

Metalica-this was excellent.Not quite as good as the Wednedsay gig but still an amazing performance complete with thunder and lightning (fitted in very well with ONE)

The Datsuns were very ordinary/dull.
Kings of Leon- i have the CD and quite enjoy it but was a bit tough coming on straight after the pure rock'n'roll hell of JET
The Strokes- one of the most boring bands on the day

Was it difficult getting inside the D Barrier later in the day? That's what turned me off from going - last year's was appalling in the respect!