sydney show

Katatonic

Not My Own
Sep 10, 2001
Sydney
shit that was amazing. sorry to run it in all who missed it, but it was truly an experience not to be missed.

:OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG:

martin's bass head fell off the speakers there was so much bass

alchemiust were great too, not much of a flesh mechanic fan though.]

god its hard to type while exhausted and half pissed :)

Holy shit dude, that was the best gig ever.
Great setlist, great crowd, great guys, it was awesome.
Unfortunately we didn't get forest of october like brisbane, but it was still totally awesome.

Standout song live for me was godhead's lament - truly masterful.

:erk: i hate to be young
i hate it
i hate it
i hate it
im glad the show was amazing (bah...as if it wouldnt be) :)
no forest of october ay? bummer, that is a very nice song!

i wonder if that dude at brisbane got his facts mixed up.. they didnt really even look like playing forest. and apparently didnt play it at the other gigs.

anyway the concert was awsome. loved it. my ears are still ringing to shit and my voice is gone from trying to growl the whole setlist. (same as usual).

highlights for me : drapery falls, credence, advent,

if you get a chance to see opeth live.... you need to take it !

Yes an awesome Opeth day, lining up with atleast 400-500 fans to meet the boys, seeing them in the flesh, getting comments from them about my Katatonia shirt and then proceeding to plead with them to get katatonia and porcupine tree to Australia, getting two covers signed instead of only the one we were allowed (what cool guys).

Then the build up of seeing them live, Flesh Mechanic just too loud and piercing to appreciate (what could have been decent technical metal just became noise)
Alchemist were a suitable band to support Opeth, great soundscapes and precision playing (I will be hunting down some of their discs!)
Then Opeth, same setlist as the other states (I am starting to doubt that Forest Of October was actually played, maybe this was a Brissy joke LOL)
Drapery and A fair Judgement gave me goosebumps, Demon of the Fall was extra Demonized!!!
Awesome set, tight, Mikaels vox were incredible, I never expected that he would pull the dual vocals off so well live (he is amazing)

They seemed really impressed with the crowd response (1000+ people) and ranted on definitely coming back for Damnation and also telling their co-swedish metal bands to make the trip also (my pleading paid off)

Oh what a night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:OMG:

Woah, Opeth were unbelieveably awesome! There songs were amazing live, i'm sooo glad I went to that. Mosh was good too. (I was near the middle) It was really good to see the crowd get into the songs though. Alchemist was also very good.

Bring on damnation, and get your asses here katatonia. :) (I'm one extra-happy fuck)

well, my neck feels as though its made of rubber, my breath tastes like rum, i have a morningrise vinyl signed by the band, my shoulders are fucked up from throwing the horns, i have bruises all over my legs and blisters on my arms from the "safety" barrier, and my ears are ringing to shithouse.

i guess that means i had a GREAT night :)

Yeh it was awesome. Didn't enjoy Flesh Mechanic too much. Too loud I thought. Alchemist were great. Being on the barrier right in front to see them go at it was amazing. Definately have to see them again. Decided to head back 3 or 4 rows before Opeth to take in the atmosphere and ended up having a chat with the Alchemist guitarist which was cool. Definately a great night. Great setlist. Suprisingly good sound. Drapery would have been my favourite. Was also cool to meet Lopez after the gig in the bar and get a photo taken with him. :D

They definitely played Forest in brisso...Mikael said something like "this is our first time in Australia so we would like to play something off all our albums (except damnation). This is a really old one, from Orchid...Forest of October...."

It was fucking great...not sure why they aren't playing it elsewhere though...

Cheers

Paul D.

curbstone said:
They definitely played Forest in brisso...Mikael said something like "this is our first time in Australia so we would like to play something off all our albums (except damnation). This is a really old one, from Orchid...Forest of October...."

It was fucking great...not sure why they aren't playing it elsewhere though...

Cheers

Paul D.

Damn, well if that's the case then the only other explanation would be that they were not happy with their performance of that song, so if that's the case then I am a little glad that they didn't attempt and possibly place a small flaw on an otherwise perfect set:)

Schism said:
Yeah me and Jester00 wre on the first level just behind those guys

The question should be asked "WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY ON?" LOL

Same, I was right near. Were you the two talking about placing bets on them? hehe

Katatonic289 said:
well, my neck feels as though its made of rubber, my breath tastes like rum, i have a morningrise vinyl signed by the band, my shoulders are fucked up from throwing the horns, i have bruises all over my legs and blisters on my arms from the "safety" barrier, and my ears are ringing to shithouse.

i guess that means i had a GREAT night :)

I have bruises on my arm as well, went up and over the barrier during demon of the fall.