sydney show

Schism said:
Did anyone bag any cool shit at the gig (they seemed to sellout pretty quick)

I nabbed a Blackwater Park SS $35.00
and a tidy Hooded jumper $55.00 bargain!!!!!!!!

Yeah I managed to pick up a few shirts before they ran out (ran out the Deliverance LS's just after me I think). But fuck the concert was incredible, something I'll never forget and totally worth the trip up from Canberra to see them. Not just that but the signing was incredible as well, all of them are really nice guys and seemed so happy just to keep signing people's stuff without getting bored. Just hoping now that they come back at the end of the year for Damnation. Hope to see all you guys back there again for that one :)

mindphaser said:
Yeah I managed to pick up a few shirts before they ran out (ran out the Deliverance LS's just after me I think). But fuck the concert was incredible, something I'll never forget and totally worth the trip up from Canberra to see them. Not just that but the signing was incredible as well, all of them are really nice guys and seemed so happy just to keep signing people's stuff without getting bored. Just hoping now that they come back at the end of the year for Damnation. Hope to see all you guys back there again for that one :)

Not even a question dude, glad you enjoyed!!

As Curbstone said, they definately did play Forest of October in Brissy. What an absoulte orgy of Opeth last weekend. I saw them at both shows, and was extremely happy to hear a Fair Judgement in Sydney. Though I wish they played Forest again. How layed back are the guys though...when that guy screamed out at Mikael to hurry up during the quite solo in a Fair Judgement...he just kind of laughed it off. Deliverance is probably the new Demon of the Fall, from the way the crowd reacted to the brutal outtro. The sound at the sydney show seemed to be slightly better than Brissy...but that might just of been because I was standing on higher ground and back away from the speakers at the sydney gig. Man, I couldn't believe how they manage to play each chord and verse so accurately. Mendez's bass was awesome, pounding through the floorboards, and Lopez's drumming was precise..reserved and minimal when it needed to be, and brutal when the gloves came off. Everyone was anticipating every chord and rythm change, and kind of moved with it...like a stormy ocean. Every song was a cracker (Its Opeth, their whole catalogue owns). Definately been one of the, if not THE metal concert of my life.

Alchemist where great...setting up some awesome ambient discordance and Austrial (sp) where brutal. Didn't see Flesh Mechanics.

Can't wait to see Opeth back here for the Damnation tour.

fixing his spelling.

i got the pics i took back... the one of you mikael and martin m looks AWESOME.

now all i need is a scanner