Just got back from Sydney show...

It was so fucking awesome! the set list was fucking great!
I was in a soilwork shirt & jeans for a short while until i bought an Opeth hoodie & put that on. I had seated tickets but i stood up for most songs & fucking head banged away. It was just so good at the start when that eerie music started & opeth walked on & were just standing there & the music started to fade away & i just thought ''OHHHHHH SHIT, MASTERS APPRENTICE!'' & they played it, i thought that was a great opening track & The drapery falls, April Ethereal & DEMON OF THE FALL WERE AWESOME! They played Deliverance heaps good aswell.

How cool was it when Mike made us recite satanic words after him & then he just said ''Deliverance'' i just went fucking crazy.

Anyway, fucking brilliant support band, fucking brilliant night all up! Thanks Opeth i hope to see you guys many more times in the future!

Haha... lord tim... you guys were pretty sweet. Good ol power metal. haha. nah i enjoyed your guitar solo battle that was funny. But im sorry to say i was more impressed with the other guitarists solo... sorry :p

How crap was the lighting though? My mate works at the Enmore and he said it was done in-house last nite... we can only hope never again!

Did anyone see Martin Mendez inadvertently spit into the crowd during (i think) deliverance? If he showed a bit of bum crack might have confused it for a marilyn manson gig! :p

City_of_da_Moon said:
Haha... lord tim... you guys were pretty sweet. Good ol power metal. haha. nah i enjoyed your guitar solo battle that was funny. But im sorry to say i was more impressed with the other guitarists solo... sorry :p

Complete Imrov bro.
I think Tim works something out, I'm not sure - but I had no idea we were gonna do that, which is never a good idea for me as I like to know the schedule..:)

But the nice thing about our styles is that we are completly different players. I dig the Gilbert / Macalpine stuff.

Opeth were incredible live. I have only been recently turned onto them and also they were top human beings - nice blokes.

I hope everyone had a great time.

Thanks for the opportunity to play guys.
Stu

Lord Tim said:
Hey, all!

Thanx the everyone who turned up early and got into our set! It was a lot of fun and we had a great time! :)

How much did Opeth go off?!

:OMG:

Well i did actually go off for you guys (wearing my Dungeon t-shirt :headbang: ) as well as opeth, you played well dudes! I dont know if you would remember but a while back, you played a gig with a band called AGROPHOBIA...anyway, its my cousins band :headbang: Oh and yes i was the one yelling out HAIL SATAN! Mad show to both bands \m/

City_of_da_Moon said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We'll see about that...... next gig! :heh:

Nah, that was all totally improvised on the spot and normally I figure something out for a big finish but I was interrupted by a bass solo and drum solo! Bastards! HAHAHA!

It's all good, though! If anyone actually takes our solo war as anything other than a bit of a laugh then they're so missing the point!

(But I'm still gonna whoop Stu's ass next gig! MWAHAHAHAHA!)

Fuck that was a good gig; about as good as last years, which was my favourite gig of all time.

Yeah, what was with the Mendez spit? I remember seeing it going sailing over my head, and thinking 'what the fuck???'

Oh, yeah, Mikael and the demonic names:
Beelzebub
Belial
Asmodeus
Leviathan
....Deliverance!

But the highlight (besides Blackwater Park and The Moor, which were absolutely brilliant) was April Ethereal

That fucking SLAYED live. I almost lost my head when the last couple of minutes of the song kicked in.

Hahahaha, and I loved Mikael's spiel about the 4/4 timing just before Blackwater Park...he was really funny on the night now I think about it.

Anyway, I'm rattling on, but I had a great fucking time and I hope you all did too.

Fuck yeah!!!

:headbang:

(PS: sorry about all the profanity; just no other way to describe it).

BTW Lord Tim and co....that was some nice fretboard work during the solo battle...*nods*...put a big smile on the old dial.

yeh the concert was awesome... mosh in demon was nuts, i got a kicked in rib and my friend got stiches under his eye... all worth it but!! im such happier guy now....:)
and yeh dungeon were fckn mad!!! what amazing guitar work!!!!!!!! especially sweeping!!
did anyone wait around after the show behind the enmore to meet opeth?? i was the one loving the free beer the threw us and claiming if u dont skull u werent metal :)

Darkness_Claimed_my_Flesh... said:
yeh the concert was awesome... mosh in demon was nuts, i got a kicked in rib and my friend got stiches under his eye... all worth it but!! im such happier guy now....:)
and yeh dungeon were fckn mad!!! what amazing guitar work!!!!!!!! especially sweeping!!
did anyone wait around after the show behind the enmore to meet opeth?? i was the one loving the free beer the threw us and claiming if u dont skull u werent metal :)

yes dungeon and opeth = soooo great, and i have a feeling this is pearce you talk of so this is goldfish or MJ or someone along those lines.....?

yeh its mj!! :).... ok we were waiting out back of enmore wit like 20 other ppl for opeth to come out and some random opens the door, we all gasp thinking its opeth..but its some guy from the enmore and he throws out heaps of free beer... made me happy

was the spitting during deliverance??? i thought it was earlier than that... it wasnt a small spit either - i thought it hit the keyboard player (sorry, dont know his/her name... it was hard to tell)

jaykeegan said:
How cool was it when Mike made us recite satanic words after him & then he just said ''Deliverance'' i just went fucking crazy.

yeah he did that at the adelaide show aswell, sent a shiver down my spine when he just spat out "deliverance". does anyone remember exactly what he said? i only remember like.. "satan, revive him..."

somed00d said:
was the spitting during deliverance??? i thought it was earlier than that... it wasnt a small spit either - i thought it hit the keyboard player (sorry, dont know his/her name... it was hard to tell)

Wasn't that the keyboard player from Spiritual Beggars?