Just got home from Philly show

I too was at the Philly show, and yes it was my first opeth concert. Moonspell was 10 times better than i expected, though still not great. DevilDriver was the worste thing ive ever heard! They didn't even play notes, but whatever.

To add about the faggots there, I completely agree! So many fags moshing and shit, they werent there for the music. You could tell who the real fans were, and im glad that im not the only one haha. The only thing that pissed me off was when Mikael encouraged the moshing :erk: .

I am the type of Opeth fan that likes the artistic side of them. Im not gothic or anything, and many people would wonder why i like this metal. Im not the only normal kid that likes Opeth either. haha but when I went to the concert I thought I was! There were some kids in the center that were cool (center back) I was on the stairs to the right...

Anyway, I got their autographs at Relapse before the show. Scared the shit outa me because I didnt know when they were coming, and all the sudden (when i was upstairs) I hear some Swedish talking, and sure enough there they were! It was awesome!

Anyway, give me a reply

I was there, if anyone heard me I was the guy who yelled out "PLAY THE REALLY LONG ONE!" in between a few songs.

I also yelled at Peter and Mike after the show for making the weather colder.

plfffffft said:
I was there, if anyone heard me I was the guy who yelled out "PLAY THE REALLY LONG ONE!" in between a few songs.

I also yelled at Peter and Mike after the show for making the weather colder.
i heard you talking to Mike about yelling that, I was standing right there

Dem0n0fTheFall4 said:
i heard you talking to Mike about yelling that, I was standing right there
Yeah, I scream that every time I see them. I don't know, I just find it funny, and so do the people that hear me usually.

I like to yell out stupid shit at a show like that. Like when Mike says "Thank you very much." He's so damn polite I feel I have to yell out "YOU'RE WELKCOME!"

Nice try on trying to have a similar name as me.

You probably yell out "Could whoever's behind me finger my asshole, please?" at concerts too.

There weren't hardcore kids there per-se, but there were a few nu-metal kiddies in the crowd that left right before Opeth came on. The way I figure, it puts money in Opeth's pockets either way, so their loss.

The show was fantastic, though. I was disappointed the set list didn't include any Orchid or Morningrise material, but time constraints suck. I'm glad they played my favorite Opeth song of all time, though (Blackwater Park).

Very good set. I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it yet.