Symphonic Black/Death/Folk Metal!

Scar_Symmetry

Per Nilsson Worshipper
May 24, 2007
Hi dudes,

My band have posted a new song:

www.myspace.com/tracesmetal

I wanted to know what y'all thought of the guitar tone. I'm not sure if I'm happy with it or not, so criticisms are welcome!

I used an ESP Horizon through a Maxon OD-808 through a Framus Cobra (Electro Harmonix 6L6GCs) and Framus Cobra 4x12 straight into Cubase 4, after being recorded not much was done to the guitars at all apart from the obvious i.e. EQ, compression, etc etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Edit: I forgot to add, it wasn't myself who recorded it, it was Josh from Sylosis (Nuclear Blast)

bump?

Wow, the folk metal chorus is definitely unexpected in an otherwise symphonic black metal explosion, but I (think) I dig it! (and everything else is fucking AWESOME, reminds me a lot of Old Man's Child in particular) I don't suppose you could post it on soundclick? Though on the other hand, I guess since you're not looking for comments on the mix (since Josh did it), we don't need to hear it in better quality - I'd sure like to, though! :)

guess since you're not looking for comments on the mix (since Josh did it), we don't need to hear it in better quality

yeah if I put it on soundclick it would look like it was a recording of my own!

and everything else is fucking AWESOME, reminds me a lot of Old Man's Child in particular

Awesome song and awesome mix

thanks dudes! :kickass: I'll see what I can do about getting the original wav file up on here for people to hear.

thanks for your kind words everyone, new song will be up at the weekend (possibly later)! :saint:

I was in Reading last night. OMG.

The octave chord rifflez that come in around 1:00 sound near identical to something else that I can't think of right now.

3:09 sounds identical to some Wintersun song, if Forefather covered it or smt.

Sounds great though, production wise and the song. Way more 'interesting' (not entirely sure that's the word) than Malefice/Sylosis/Viatrophy/blabla.