Symphony X Fan Club - we need your help!

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
After a bit of a stall, plans for getting a SymX fan club are back in the works again. My reason for posting this is to ask you guys what sort of thing you'd want for a yearly membership fee. Photos? Shirts? Stickers? Share your thoughts here so we can try to get something together that'll make ya'll happy! We already have plans to make some merch available to the fan club only (special editions of shirts and stickers and such), some will probably be part of your initial membership fee & others may be for purchase through the fan club only..the logistics are still in the works on that. So let's hear it..throw your ideas at me! :)

I would say I value band clothing much more than stickers, photos, or the like. I can use a t-shirt, i cant wear a sticker (unless im feelin kinky). How much would it be? Also a discount on all symphony x stuff and concerts would be a good idea too imo.

I've already secured a 10% discount on SymX cds/merch at Metal Ages for fan club members (thanks again Deron!); but I don't think a concert ticket discount would be feasible, as the band does not handle the ticket sales for their shows. The cost of a membership is still up in the air (and will ultimately depend on what we decide to offer in return..most likely we will offer 2 or 3 different "levels" of membership), but rest assured that it will be as low as possible, as we have no interest in raping your wallets. ;)

Im game no matter what , but some kind of cool CD once in a while would be cool!

Even like leftover riffs, or retake versions of songs, or just them jamming on ideas, whatever!

Cant wait to join!

Sounds cool... Yeah, some clothing.. Definetly some clothing.. I can't spread the music of SyX via my headphones forever :)

And as DrumRman nicely said.. ANY kind of cds would be friggin awesome! :D

Another thing... Will there be "offices" around the globe..? like.. national ones? or just something like one in the US?

Originally posted by SyX-Fan
Another thing... Will there be "offices" around the globe..? like.. national ones? or just something like one in the US?

For starters it'll be just one headquarters here in the US..we'll have to wait and see how things progress before we can make any decisions as to when and how any expansion will occur. :)

Fan Club members get to have a beer with the guys and hang out at the Pub with them....just like DrumRman did. (that LUCKY BOY!!)
Name the price of a membership, you got it!! ;)

:headbang:

Originally posted by Pharoah
Fan Club members get to have a beer with the guys and hang out at the Pub with them....just like DrumRman did. (that LUCKY BOY!!)

He did?? :eek:
ok, I don't drink.. but DAMN just to hang out with them.....:) :) :)

Uhm i wouldn't mind at all some special kind of clothing like t-shirts and long-sleeves with some special artwork just for the fanclub, and of course some window stickers for the car (u know, the ones you put inside the glass not outside or they'll screw up on the first rainy day ;) ) and what else... autographed posters!!! to fill some blank space in my room. :D
Also the bonus for entering the backstage of the nearest concert when they are in tour should be cool... well i can't think of more right now :p

X-Greets!

special fan-club-only releases like "unplugged sessions", "alternate versions", "christmas tunes"... whatever... sorta like Threshold fan club does...

Hi everybody,
I'm french and i participate a lot to the french forum, so why not to the american one.

The idea of a member club is very attractive. I'd like to get special Tshirts or Cds. My opinion is that we could do something like the french club of Dream Theater:
http://www.yourmajesty.com

This club offers something when you subscribe and the website presents all the bootleg of the band. I allows you as well to download one bootleg every month, and so on......

So yes I'd like to see a SX club.

See ya,

Alf.

PS: Why don't you come on the french forum.Post your message in English and we'll translate it to everybody.

I talked to Mike Romeo last night & he was really enjoying everyones fan club ideas..keep em coming! I've been copying them all into an e-mail, and once the thread pretty much dies out, I'll send it to Mike to read, then we can try & make some more concrete plans for the fan club & try to get it going as soon as we can!

On a more serious note, after my "party with the guys" post...here are my suggestions.
I like the idea of "first chance" purchases, such as shirts, etc. so Club members get the first pick of stuff before they are sold out and possibly never available again. Also, if this is possible through InsideOut, promo posters which would be available to members only, and/or promo photos would be awesome. And BUMPERSTICKERS!! (Hey Deron! :))

Originally posted by Pharoah

Heheh I did that too at PPUSA 1.0. Man you should have seen Russell singing Karioke it was great!!!!

I am also in for whatever, I am not to hip on FC's but I will support Sym X anyway I can.

Bear

ANYTHING!!! I'll take anything w/syx on it..price? whatever!!
Where do I sign up? lol
Special, fan club members only contest to maby win a backstage pass to hang out after the show at the nearest show to your town,, would be awesome!!! :eek:

But really,, ANYTHING!!!!:) clothing, pictures, guitar pics,( or of course maybe a signed drumstick, RULLO,, hint, hint!!!;) please,please...:D