Symphony X- Paradise Lost

It is no secret that I am a huge Symphony X fanboy. I love everything this band does and expected nothing but a great album as they are all great to me. I don't usually expect them to top the last album because I alway feel that it is impossible. I have always had a hard time picking my favorite Symphony X album and I can't say with 100% conviction that any one album is my favorite.

Well, the boyz have done it again. I now have another Symphony X album that is at least equal to anything they have ever done. I know some of you think it is their best and some not. This is obviously a matter of taste more than right or wrong. I can't say it is their best because to me they have set the bar so high with previous efforts. It is however no less an album of any before.

Symphony X in my opinion is the king of consistancy. They put out top drawer stuff time and time again and have yet to put out a turd. This album is nothing short of brilliant. Russel shows once again that he is one of the best in the game. He turns in a killer perfomance with the harsher voice and the amazing cleaner voice on the title track. I don't know about the album of the year claim by some with Redemption out there though. At this point, I would be content to let them share the title for albums of the year.

Thank you Symphony X for a killer album. Well worth the wait.

It has taken long enough for me to sit at a computer but the feeling has been ever so strong all week. This album KILLS!!! Every song, every instrument, every note is just so VICIOUS! To think THIS is what we have been waiting for!!! One of the fucking albums of the year! Symphony X leads them all, no matter how long we end up waiting for each new chapter. ALL HAIL SYMPHONY X!!!

Hands down one of the best albums of 2007! SymX is one of my all time favorite bands - DTWoT,V and Odyssey being my favortites of theirs previously. I'll definitely be adding this one to the list! Perhaps even another masterpiece, it's been well worth the wait - can't wait for the finished CD and their upcoming show - same week as Dream Theater and Rush!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: