Symphony X Song Tournament: Vote for the Best

And now for the results.

The Odyssey beats Candlelight Fantasia 19-0
The Accolade beats Egypt 13-6
The Divine Wings of Tragedy beats Communion and the Oracle 10-9
Rediscovery pt. 2 beats Accolade II 13-5
Through the Looking Glass beats Revelation 15-4

Wow, I had no idea Communion would have so many supporters- it really gave DWOT a serious challenge. The same cannot be said for Candlelight Fantasia, which easily became the fourth casualty of the juggernaut known as the Odyssey. The others were somewhere in between.

Before we reach the semifinals, we must initiate the...

Final Five Vote-Off

The rules for this special round are simple. You just vote for the one among the five remaining songs that you want eliminated, and the one that receives the most votes will be.

My vote:

Ah, Through the Looking Glass. Possibly the most underrated of the band's epics. It certainly is a fantastic song, adapting the stories of Wonderland into a powerful 13-minute piece of rock-solid progressive metal. The middle section is wonderful, Russell's vocals hit some powerful points, and I also enjoy the references to Dream Theater and Rush they put in there.
However, despite all this, it seems to lack the indescribable quality that makes a song truly become a masterpiece; the quality that its current opponents all possess. It is the only song on here not in my top 5 (Edge of Forever was a necessary sacrifice), and instead hovers somewhere just below, in the gray zone with stuff like Awakenings and Communion. At the end of the day, it just didn't leave as much of an impression on me as the others, and thus is my pick to be eliminated.

Man... This is actually really hard....

I guess I will have to choose The Accolade. I really love the song... I was close to choosing Divine Wings but I listened to it yesterday and was reminded of how awsome it is...

Through the Looking Glass should've been voted off the island already, I choose that one.

Egypt is finally gone, sad to see Revelation go. I think we have a pretty decent top 4 once TtLG is out. It'll be hard to vote something off. Probably Accolade next.

Video links so we can all be reminded?

my vote goes to divine wings of tragedy.

of the songs remaining...
the accolade > through the looking glass > the odyssey > rediscovery > divine wings

No way Looking Glass can go down... yet!

Accolade gets my vote.

Lets make this an epic showdown!! Literally!

Ah, Through the Looking Glass. Possibly the most underrated of the band's epics. It certainly is a fantastic song, adapting the stories of Wonderland into a powerful 13-minute piece of rock-solid progressive metal. The middle section is wonderful, Russell's vocals hit some powerful points, and I also enjoy the references to Dream Theater and Rush they put in there.
However, despite all this, it seems to lack the indescribable quality that makes a song truly become a masterpiece; the quality that its current opponents all possess. It is the only song on here not in my top 5 (Edge of Forever was a necessary sacrifice), and instead hovers somewhere just below, in the gray zone with stuff like Awakenings and Communion. At the end of the day, it just didn't leave as much of an impression on me as the others, and thus is my pick to be eliminated.

Disagreed, Through the Looking Glass is pure, unadulterated magic.

Odyssey is the clear weak link in the top 5 here - it's not even in my top 10.

I can´t eliminate The Accolade because 6:20 to 8:21.

I can´t eliminate Through the Looking Glass because it is so delightful to (try to) play it on keyboards :p (Was the same feeling towards Communion, :cry:)

I can´t eliminate Divine Wings of Tragedy because its ending. One of the best outros for an epic, the lyrics are just so... not Iconoclast.

I can´t eliminate Rediscovery Pt. 2 because is one of those awesome "conceptual albums closer", those were you know it is a proper ending to (and maybe the best song of) the album ... If that conceptual album is actually V, i think it wasn´t an easy task.

I can vote to eliminate The Oddysey because despite its epicness and the fact that it has some of the best (and lately forgotten) orchestration works of MJR and, of course, the lovely part of Circe... I have been never been so fond to the song as a whole like to the others.

The Accolade > The Divine Wings of Tragedy >>>>>>>> The Odyssey > Rediscovery > Through the Looking Glass.

The Accolade > The Divine Wings of Tragedy >>>>>>>> The Odyssey > Rediscovery > Through the Looking Glass.

Well, if we're all making our own lists, then...

Rediscovery>Divine Wings>>Odyssey>Accolade>>Looking Glass