Symphony X Song Tournament: Vote for the Best

All these voting threads should say a lot about how almost everybody still prefers the older material. If only the band stopped listening to their facebook generation of fans and started referring to us the smarter ones instead. :p

The main difference being is that when you look at fans who post on their Facebook threads there are hundreds and sometimes thousands of posters, where as on this board, there are like 20 something people who post so I guess you can't blame them if they don't pay as much attention to us.

Well, here we are at the end of the tournament, and the victor is...
*drum roll*

The Divine Wings of Tragedy, beating The Odyssey 10-8.
I suppose DWOT was the most likely to win, and it's certainly worthy of the title of Tournament Champion and Best Symphony X Song. Still, Odyssey does deserve some credit for putting up such a good fight against DWOT- it's certainly a masterwork in its own regard. Thanks for voting, everyone.

Also, just for fun, here's a Top 20 of SX songs based on their performance in the tournament.

1: The Divine Wings of Tragedy
2: The Odyssey
3: The Accolade
4: Rediscovery pt. 2
5: Through the Looking Glass
6: Communion and the Oracle
7: Egypt
8: Accolade II
9: Revelation
10: Candlelight Fantasia
11: A Fool's Paradise
12: Evolution
13: Church of the Machine
14: Of Sins and Shadows
15: The Edge of Forever
16. Paradise Lost
17: Orion- The Hunter
18: A Winter's Dream pt. 2
19. Sea of Lies
20: Rediscovery pt. 1

Wow, glad I was proven wrong by thinking The Odyssey would win. :D

Based on that top 20 list I think it's safe to say that Candlelight Fantasia and The Edge of Forever are underrated, while Through the Looking Glass is a little overrated (imo). Nice list though. You guys are awesome.

Well, here we are at the end of the tournament, and the victor is...
*drum roll*

The Divine Wings of Tragedy, beating The Odyssey 10-8.
I suppose DWOT was the most likely to win, and it's certainly worthy of the title of Tournament Champion and Best Symphony X Song. Still, Odyssey does deserve some credit for putting up such a good fight against DWOT- it's certainly a masterwork in its own regard. Thanks for voting, everyone.

tumblr_m74mc5kyQZ1qakh43o1_500.gif

1: The Divine Wings of Tragedy
2: The Odyssey
3: The Accolade
4: Candlelight Fantasia
5: The Edge Of Forever
6: Rediscovery pt. 2
7: A Winter's Dream Pt. II
8: Revelation
9: Communion And The Oracle
10: Wicked
11: Church Of The Machine
12: Pharaoh
13: Egypt
14: Accolade II
15: Paradise Lost
16: Orion - The Hunter
17: Lady Of The Snow
18: Sea Of Lies
19: Fallen
20: Awakenings

*Fixed*

I know. And I'm a long-time member, and I barely come here; but this thread reminded me of the glory days when SX was center stage on here and it was a novel idea. I just thought it would have brought more people out of the woodwork.

If this poll was done on facebook there would be tons more votes and way different results. I would be interested to see it, but it would probably have to be done by Jax since no one would pay attention to it if someone just posted one on their own account.