Symphony X Song Tournament: Vote for the Best

I just got facebook.
For this reason, I represent facebook. Here are the results from the facebook community:

#1 egypt
#2 the accolade
#3 candlelight fantasia
#4 through the looking glass
#5 the odyssey
#6-10 anything from V.

best regards,

the facebook community

More like:

#1 Sea of Lies
#2 Of Sins and Shadows
#3 something from IC
#4 something from IC
#5 something from PL
#6 the odyssey

and: "omg Adrenaline Mob rules and SX is my favorite band after DT and Michael Romeo is my favorite guitar player after Yngwie"

but there had to be some reason the people who used to come here quit showing up......and the only thing i remember from facebook is when jax asked what everyone's favorite SX song was

The forum is dead because Symphony X is incredibly unexciting. One album every five year, band members not to be found on the internet, and setlist is always the same. Nothing ever happens. The last event worth mentioning I recall is that they played The Divine Wings of Tragedy live, but there's only so many days you can talk about that.

Well, there are the shows coming up in about a week. I'm hopeful that maybe the setlist will be fresh this time around, being the new year and all.

And you know, now that we've voted for the best SX song, maybe we should start over and vote for the worst!

And you know, now that we've voted for the best SX song, maybe we should start over and vote for the worst!

Sounds like a fun idea. But I swear to god if you people pick something off of Iconoclast over Shades of Gray I'll put a curse on all of you. :lol:

I don´t know, the winner of that tournament is even more predictable than DWoT winning for best SX song.

What about best guitar solo, best riff, best keyboard part, best bass solo, best transition, best unison? Those are just ideas.

Michael Romeo's best solo isn't even a Symphony X one.

What?

There is out there a guitar solo by Romeo better than the ones from, just to name a few, Lady of the Snow, Egypt, TTLG and Communion?

I´ll need some evidence.

I guess he's referring to MJR's solo in Ayreon's "Dawn of a Million Souls"? That's definitely one of his best,if not the best. He(and Allen as well for that matter) absolutely slays on this one.

4:46 - Romeo time! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess he's referring to MJR's solo in Ayreon's "Dawn of a Million Souls"? That's definitely one of his best,if not the best. He(and Allen as well for that matter) absolutely slays on this one.

It´s actually an awesome solo. I understand it now.

When I first heard of Iconoclast and its theme, I was hoping it was gonna sound a little like Dawn of a Million Souls.

that would have been amazing...