Symphony X tab books and Romeo's guitar

mark_bwaite

One Man Gang
Oct 15, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Just wondering when Symphony X is going to release the guitar notation for their albums. Also what pickups does Romeo use in his ESP guitars?? Post if you know.

Romeo uses Dimarzios - an X2N in the bridge and a Tone Zone in the neck. During DWoT though he used two EMG 81s. There is one SyX "best of" book from Japan but dont even bother getting it, its HORRIBLY innacurate. According to them Romeo never taps, they transcribe all his tap stuff as sweeps and shit like that. Really bad.

A Tone Zone in the neck...that's interesting I thought it was a bridge pickup....ok well I was just wondering when they will release tab books for each album! Thanks for your post I'm putting new pickups in my Dean guitar for a Romeo kind of feel.

Originally posted by Yngvai X
Romeo uses Dimarzios - an X2N in the bridge and a Tone Zone in the neck. During DWoT though he used two EMG 81s. There is one SyX "best of" book from Japan but dont even bother getting it, its HORRIBLY innacurate. According to them Romeo never taps, they transcribe all his tap stuff as sweeps and shit like that. Really bad.

Tone Zone in the neck, are you sure?? ..Wouldn't that be bassy & muddy as hell?:erk:

Originally posted by Russ
Tone Zone in the neck, are you sure?? ..Wouldn't that be bassy & muddy as hell?:erk:

Thats what it is...just look at his guitar, you can clearly see the X2N is in the bridge (its such a distinctive looking pickup you couldnt mistake it for a TZ).