Symphony X- The odyssey

Pilgrim

I take pity on your holes
Mar 11, 2002
Urine Garden
Visit site
I dont believe the new Nevermore could come close to topping this cd. Heavy as fuck, great vocals. If Nevermore puts out another Dead Heart like cd, their done.

I just saw them live opening for blind guardian, it wasnt very exiting at alll..............I find it hard to believe that you like Nevermore very much.... It sounds like your more into that dated operatic vocal style of the 80s..............

Originally posted by Never Satisfied
I just saw them live opening for blind guardian, it wasnt very exiting at alll..............I find it hard to believe that you like Nevermore very much.... It sounds like your more into that dated operatic vocal style of the 80s..............

Get a life !!! You find it hard to believe???? I forget that we were best friends...you know soo much about me. Keep trying....Your a fool...

glad to see someone else with some taste. Twilight is a great cd. I cant stop listening to Divine wings right now..

V was my personal favourite. The odyssey is good, but it's got nothing on Egypt or The Bird Serpent War...

\npnpnp - SX Orion

"The Odyssey" is awesome... and it's my top album of 2002. Whether or not it will blow away "Enemies Of Reality"... I dont know, we haven't heard it yet... and they're 2 different bands with different styles... I don't think it should be a competition... it's art... I appreciate both bands for existing to provide me with such pleasurable listening experiences.

Symphony X ruled in concert though...

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
"The Odyssey" is awesome... and it's my top album of 2002. Whether or not it will blow away "Enemies Of Reality"... I dont know, we haven't heard it yet... and they're 2 different bands with different styles... I don't think it should be a competition... it's art... I appreciate both bands for existing to provide me with such pleasurable listening experiences.

Symphony X ruled in concert though...

Good point..I guess your right about them being two different bands. I do love them both.

But The Odyssey is so damn good. I am jealous of you for seeing them live. I hope I get the chance.

Originally posted by Pilgrim I
glad to see someone else with some taste. Twilight is a great cd. I cant stop listening to Divine wings right now..
Yeah clearly I dont have taste because I perfer Nevermore to some cheesy late 80s Dream Theater knockoff ........Maybe you should take your insolent cum felching douchebag ass to the Symphonic X sight , Pilgrim............you Loser..............

Yeah clearly I dont have taste because I perfer Nevermore to some cheesy late 80s Dream Theater knockoff ........Maybe you should take your insolent cum felching douchebag ass to the Symphonic X sight , Pilgrim............you Loser..............

I am astounded that a band that makes such compelling, intelligent music could attract such vile, ignorant animals such as yourself to their message board.

I am astounded that a band that makes such compelling, intelligent music could attract such vile, ignorant animals such as yourself to their message board.
Life is full of quirky little surprises, progmutant,thanks for the compliment.

Ouch!!! You're harsh words have left me shaking and shitting myself. Get your head out of your ass. Pukes like you make listening to Symphony x or any other band embarrassing. Just a reminder...Tell your mom to take a bath every once in a while. She smells like she been sleeping in barn.

you're stupid

Brilliant album....for my personal taste...it's perfect.

I've seen Romeo and Loomis hanging out a couple of times in NJ at Nevermore shows...I think they are good buds.

Romeo wastes Jeff though :)

I think Odyssey IS one of the best albums of the year.

But not as good as "Divine Wings"

They did seem to have a lot of problems with the late-2002 US tour...cancellations and / or venue changes...I was going to drive from Baton Rouge to the Houston show, but cancellation was announced THAT DAY...

For my tastes, I will say I can only listen to so much SymX.

But I NEVER get fucking tired of NEVERMANIA!!!!!

HAHAHA

ADD strikes again!

Originally posted by azal
Romeo wastes Jeff though :)

Hell no...!

Romeo is more upfront about his abilities, but have you heard Loomis's demos from before nevermore? He absolutely kills Romeo, hands down.. despite my relative love for SX

I hate that argument....

h doesn't show it on CD....but in his bedroom he totally shreds everyone.

Loomis is a great player....amazing.....but Romeo is about as close to a guitar god as possible these days.....
I think even Jeff will tell you that.

Originally posted by azal
he doesn't show it on CD....but in his bedroom he totally shreds everyone.

You DO own Politics don't you?

Have you ever tried to play his solos? Holy fuck.

I can play a pile of romeo's stuff, he's fast, but not exactly chaotic, not hard to follow... Loomis on the other hand :eek:

I admit, Dead Heart isn't the greatest cd guitawise, hell it's a bad cd guitarwise, but anything from DNB or POE, or even IM would absolutely slay romeo, hands down.

yeh. ive never heard symphony x, but from the name and the DT comparison i will assume its buttrock and declare jeff the winner.
-neal