Symphony X to tour with Queensryche

Oooh oooh how about a set full of not-commonly-played-live songs!?!?!

The Damnation Game
Dressed to Kill
The Edge of Forever
The Relic
Orion - The Hunter
In the Dragon's Den
The Turning
Frontiers

I don't know how long their set will be, I'll try to find that out.

Setlist will likely be the same..since their main focus right now is the new cd, I highly doubt if they're going to take weeks off from writing to rehearse a brand new setlist for a 2 week tour. A new setlist will be more likely once they start to tour for the new cd, probably early next year; I'll ask MJR about the setlist just to be sure though.

Lady of the Oracle, did you bother to read the line below?
Yeah, ok, so there are no south east america dates. Let me fume and get over it. Some of us are in pain here! :'(

You reply:
then why come here & piss & moan about it? It's not their damn tour..suck it up & deal with it, man.

Other than that just sounding like an echo, did I not just say I was getting over it? I know damn well that there have been other topics about this so I'm not alone in my thinking. Even though it's not their fault, can you not see that it still sucks for us south eastern Americans? Am I cursing the band or Queensryche for this? No, I'm not. In a few lines, I spoke my opinion because the news irritated me. So Lady of the Oracle, can you please just drop it before you piss off any others?

-Kronikle

I think I am doin' the whole 1st weekend.. woohoo!

If plans go the way my hubby and I are planning we'll get to see "MI, IL,IL, OHIO...... can't wait.!:Spin: SOOOOOO EXCITTED!!

HOLY EARTH-FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hotjump:

Just the other night I was walking by the Beacon(I live just two blocks away) and I saw Queensryche's name flashing on the marquee and I thought to myself how truly AWESOME it would be to see Symphony X up there right in my stumbling grounds and now I wake up and the next day what do I get? The dream becomes a reality!!! :headbang:
(A note to the religious: I didn't pray to anybody, I just hoped.)

That is truly fucking super-miraculous; not only for me but for the band to finally get the right kind of spotlight and cachet they deserve. Even though they're not headlining(which they should be), this is still really too good to be true. Queensryche in actuality has the short end of the stick as playing AFTER Symphony X isn't the kind of competition I would wish on ANYBODY!:)

Way to go Romeo and Co. If I had to choose from the last setlist I'd take:

Inferno
Wicked
Communion And The Oracle
Accolade 1 + 2
Smoke and/or Church
Awakenings
The Odyssey

Of course I'm sure they're not gonna play THAT long; but those are most of my favs from the last tour(Sea Of Lies rules too). I just hope they pick the songs carefully so as to let others see the incredible range of songs which SX can compose.:cool:

Kronikle66 said:
Other than that just sounding like an echo, did I not just say I was getting over it? I know damn well that there have been other topics about this so I'm not alone in my thinking. Even though it's not their fault, can you not see that it still sucks for us south eastern Americans? Am I cursing the band or Queensryche for this? No, I'm not. In a few lines, I spoke my opinion because the news irritated me. So Lady of the Oracle, can you please just drop it before you piss off any others?

-Kronikle
It sucks for plenty of people..hell, SymX has never even been to Australia..or Puerto Rico..or a zillion other places..those people don't feel the need to whine over this 2 week mini-tour tho. Save the bitching for a 'real tour'.. ;)

And uh, I'm not the one pissing off others..plenty of people are irritated by the sniveling. That said, I'm done here.

Hey - so how LONG will they be playing this tour? Im guessing 45-60, which is reasonable. Just enough time for DWoT, Odyssey, and possibly TTLG =).

ANd then Queensryche would have to come up, get booed, and SX play for 2 hours. YAY!

The Yngster said:
If they were the only supporting act I would guess that they would have more than 45 minutes, no?
45 mins is the standard deal, but I've seen even less, like 35 mins, even with just one opening band. Depends on how much time the headliner wants to give to the supporting band. Hopefully Jax will clarify for us how much time they are getting...

urinalcakemix said:
ANd then Queensryche would have to come up, get booed, and SX play for 2 hours. YAY!
yeah right... Queensryche is one of the tightest live bands in the business... they'll be good enough to follow Symphony X