Symphony X to tour with Queensryche

i am probly in the minority but i wanna see queensryche do some stuff off of hear in the now frontier

GabrielKnight, i haven't actually been there, but i'm guessing it's like Birch Hill, which is kinda dumpy, because a lot of local highschool bands play there, but suitable enough for well-known bands like Queensryche and Symphony x

WOOOHOOO!! less then a week now!
My hubby is taken me to at least 3 shows (starting thursday) for my b-day present, what a man!:Spin: :oops: :worship:
He asked me what I wanted for my b-day and I told him to go see SYMX!!!!!:headbang:
I can't wait!!:worship:

spackledorf said:
GabrielKnight, i haven't actually been there, but i'm guessing it's like Birch Hill, which is kinda dumpy, because a lot of local highschool bands play there, but suitable enough for well-known bands like Queensryche and Symphony x

Birch Hill---Not even close! Go to the Starland Ballroom web and click on photos. Then go to "The New Starland Ballroom photos". It's a nice place. For all the Jerseyites--it use to be Hunka Bunka Ballroom. :headbang:

Lady of the Oracle said:
Talked to MJR yesterday, & they'll get about a 40 minute set, but he says they're going to try & work some different stuff into the setlist..woohoo :)

Any Thoughts?

Church of the Machine is my guess, prolly drop King of Terrors.

any other Thoughts?

urinalcakemix said:
Any Thoughts?

Church of the Machine is my guess, prolly drop King of Terrors.

any other Thoughts?

I'd rather see them drop Wicked. King of Terrors always gets the crowd pumped. And I doubt Church of the Machine would be added. Remember that Symphony X is opening, and they want to bring in as many new fans as possible. Church of the Machine isn't really a song that would fit well with the Queensryche audience.

As far as what they'll add, I don't know. I think they should drop Wicked and play Awakenings, personally.

No way will they drop Wicked. It's become a classic live tune with Russ's cool solo part. But to see Awkenings live again would rule, even though I think it would be even cooler to see them play something off of Damnation Game.

I can't wait until next weekend! :D

The only reason I say they should play Awakenings is because it has a lot of different styles in it (with the whole jazz piano/bass section and the quiet vocal part), and it might open a lot of the Queensryche fans' ears.

The Metal Chick said:
No way will they drop Wicked. It's become a classic live tune with Russ's cool solo part. But to see Awkenings live again would rule, even though I think it would be even cooler to see them play something off of Damnation Game.
I completely agree with you Metal Chick! "Wicked" sounds even BETTER live with that sickeningly groovy riff.
I'd definitely says though that it's probably wise to replace "King Of Terrors" with something else. That song really doesn't showcase all of the amazing and different things that Symphony X can do. Something like the full version of "Candlelight Fantasia" would be a better choice for that crowd.
And yes, I think it would definitely be cooler if they performed something from The Damnation Game.:)

Oh yeah, keep the Star Wars intro.;)

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! :yell:

I found out yesterday that Queensrÿche are coming here (Zürich) in June. I assumed Symphony X would be opening, but now that I've read this thread closer, I see that SX will only be touring with them in the States. FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! :yell:

Btw, does anybody know who might be touring with the mighty 'rÿche here in Europe?