Symphony X

i disagree with this man, but im one of the few that will.
and dude....you don't go down, divine wings of tragedy pwns every damn album they have and it's their 3rd album

I just happen to think Paradise Lost and The Odyssey are more accessible albums for "beginners" to Symphony X's sound. I disagree that Divine Wings pwns every album they have, although I do think most of the songs on it (minus Pharaoh and Witching Hour) are pure gold. The title track is probably my favorite song by any band, ever.

So you're a fan of the s/t album? As I stated on the Symphony X forum, I like some of the songs a lot, but Rod drags them down for me. He hits the notes, but it's the quality and timbre of his voice that I dislike. I'd love to hear the band re-record classics such as Absinthe, Thorns, Premonition, Rapture, and Lesson Before Dying with Russell. However, not even Russ can save Shades of Grey...

what's s/t? i know you mean there first but...

yeah i do like the album a lot, idk theres something about his voice that's really cool to me. i will admit shades of grey is a little cheesy, after listening to it a little more, i will admit h8is vocals are a tad weird sometimes but i think they're golden on absinthe and masquearde

Personally, I think they'd be a cool instrumental act. I'm not big into power metal vocals. Bands like Dragonforce (I remember when they were cool. WERE cool), Firewind, and Symphony X, they don't have the best vocals (to me). I'm sure some of you will disagree.

Personally, I think they'd be a cool instrumental act. I'm not big into power metal vocals. Bands like Dragonforce (I remember when they were cool. WERE cool), Firewind, and Symphony X, they don't have the best vocals (to me). I'm sure some of you will disagree.

are you kidding? Russell allen has one of the most excellent voices in metal, especially on paradise lost he has really developed a unique voice, much "darker" than on the previous album. He is definately not some random power metal singer like that dude from dragonforce

are you kidding? Russell allen has one of the most excellent voices in metal, especially on paradise lost he has really developed a unique voice, much "darker" than on the previous album. He is definately not some random power metal singer like that dude from dragonforce

+1

Russell Allen is anything but a generic power-metal singer. Just check anything from Paradise Lost.