Reccomend me some Devin Townsend

Blackwater Demon

Using Cold Words
Mar 30, 2008
Under The Weaping Moon
It appears that the signed copiesof Ki are all gone and in any case my wife and I are in a financial rut right now. (I might have some good news soon on that subject) Anyway I hae heard Deadhead and think it is absolutly beautiful. I am looking for more epic Devin songs to check out so when I get some cash I can buy an album or two. So reccomend me some mother fucking Devin Townsnd guys!

I agree with the above post. Even if the only good songs on Ocean Machine were Funeral, Bastard and The Death of Music, it would still be a godlike album.

Terria is good and that's it. Could never get into any other solo album by him. I used to like SYL but recently i've realized how much they blow.

Terria and Ocean Machine are godly! You hear me?

GODLY.

Ocean Machine definitely. I find I have to be in the mood for Terria because of it has some rather bombastic moments, but it would still be my #2 selection, and probably has more of teh epicness.

terria, ocean machine, accelerated evolution
city, alien

havent really tried to listen to anything else he's done. ziltoid bored me to tears but ki is beautiful.

To be honest all of Devins solo albums are top quality.

But I agree with batman go for Terria and Ocean Machine first.

Terria and Accelrated Evolution. The last one is a bit on the lighter side compared to some of his other projects, especially SYL. But it has "Storm", one of the most beautiful songs ever.;)

Infinity is good too!

But as said many times already, Terria or Ocean Machine are great starting points.

Of Devin's solo stuff, my favorites are Synchestra and Infinity.

For the heavier stuff, nothing can beat Alien, followed closely by City.