Devin Townsend - Ki

Devin Townsend on Addicted, the next one:

The Dev said:
Yup, HEAVY melodic music, danceable, no drugs, no booze, no objectifying women...just like Nickleback :)

Anneke[van Giersbergen] is coming to Vancouver, we are doing a cover of Hyperdrive on Addicted, as well as lots of duo vox. I LOVE her voice, strong and pitch is great. Shes my age and has a kid too.

Mark Cimino is my good friend of 15 years from New York...we were roommates in LA during Vai, he was Vai's assistant at the time. He's a walking party and great guitarist.

I'm playing guitar...of course! :)

Super high tech production, with a HEAVY groove factor. RVP[Ryan Van Poederooyen] is murdering the kit...the guys an animal in the best way.

Beav[Brian Waddell] is one of my best bros and been support to me for years, so him on bass makes a lot of sense.

Randy Staub is mixing 3 songs, Mike Fraser is mixing a two, and I'm mixing the rest.

It's VERY HIGH ENERGY and a ton of fun. An intense, powerful clean trip.

We track it in 2 weeks.

Peace!

Just pre-ordered an autographed copy he's selling on ebay. :)

so did I, but I couldn't resist to own it right now anyway. the curiousity, the anticipation was far too high to wait one more month.. and I got that much rewarded, I can't even speak of... Ki is some kind of masterpiece, even compared to his previous works. and that says not much, that says nearly everything. Can't wait for Addicted and how Devin dominates the charts :worship:

right now he does nearly all the things I always wanted him to do/release.. anybody knows btw what the name of the ambient (4th) album will be? Furthermore, I don't think he will top Hyperdrive. I simply love and adore it.

edith: I personally saw him reaching his peak with City and Terria - time to reach another one, in almost clean situation this time

right now he does nearly all the things I always wanted him to do/release.. anybody knows btw what the name of the ambient (4th) album will be? Furthermore, I don't think he will top Hyperdrive. I simply love and adore it.

He said maybe it'll be called desert or release or something...not sure yet.

Did you know he's re-recording hyperdrive for addicted with Anneke from the gathering on vocals, should be sweet.

He said maybe it'll be called desert or release or something...not sure yet.

Did you know he's re-recording hyperdrive for addicted with Anneke from the gathering on vocals, should be sweet.
thanks ad 4th album.

and of course I did, thanks to the post above.. but I don't think he/they will perform that song in a better way.

thanks ad 4th album.

and of course I did, thanks to the post above.. but I don't think he/they will perform that song in a better way.

Heh, opps missed that.

I don't know tho her live version of it on youtube is awesome, i prefer it to devs.

Hyperdrive is such a great song, I'm very surprised if they can top it. Should be interesting in any case.

I've gotten the idea that many people see Devin as being past his best years. I think Ki alone proves this wrong. He's as great as ever. Dev turned 37 yesterday by the way.

OK, so I just listened to it for the first time....

:(

Disappointing. Melodies often seem kind of generic, riffs were sort of boring.... No goosebumps for me.

I fear -as someone else said on the HDR forum- that the "magic" is gone. Ocean Machine/Infinity/Terria definetely made me feel different upon first listen...overwhelmed in a way.

Oh well, I really hope it will grow on me.

it will. it's still growing on me and i've listened quite many times to it - though not too often because of getting the goosebumps completely when I put it in my cd-drive. man, that sounds cheesy but it's trve ;)

Awesome the next one is coming out soon!! I'm def going to have to buy these, they are just too good! And its something I can share with my non-metal friends!! Excellent!