Symphony X's genre/style?

I think Sypmhony X found its unique sound with the album "V". Both "V" and "Odyssey" are my favorites in the discography. I also think the previous albums (they are also great) are a little bit too much classical influenced. They don't stand out so much like the new albums. The band is on the right moves i.m.o. The next one could even surprise us.

I hope this doesn't start an arguement.

turke said:
I think Sypmhony X found its unique sound with the album "V". Both "V" and "Odyssey" are my favorites in the discography. I also think the previous albums (they are also great) are a little bit too much classical influenced. They don't stand out so much like the new albums. The band is on the right moves i.m.o. The next one could even surprise us.

I hope this doesn't start an arguement.

This is what I have been thinking as well...so your not really alone thinking that way.

As is aid in another thread, the word prog is jsut thrown around so much it really means nothing anymore. SyX are a METAL band plain and simple. they have elements from many diff styles. to me they fall in the GOOD metal as opposed to the BAD metal category. thats all i need to know :D

Moonchild141 said:
As is aid in another thread, the word prog is jsut thrown around so much it really means nothing anymore. SyX are a METAL band plain and simple. they have elements from many diff styles. to me they fall in the GOOD metal as opposed to the BAD metal category. thats all i need to know :D

I agree. SX is just metal with some power and progressive elements.

Listen to King Crimson's Level Five. THAT is prog metal at its finest.