SymX/EPICA and also Paganfest Tix on Sale Soon ATLANTA!

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
:kickass: Friendly Reminder to all of my fellow Atlanta Metalheads and ProgPower Family:

Symphony X, Epica, Into Eternity - Thursday May 1st - $20 adv

Paganfest featuring Ensiferum, Turisas, TYR, Eluveitie - Monday May 19th - $18 adv

ALL Tickets go on sale through TicketBastard on Jan 25th.
:headbang:

both shows are at the /sarcasm/ wonderful /end sarcasm/ Masquerade! Hope to see you all there!

Also playing at the Masquerade the day after Symphony X is Dimmu Borgir/Behemoth/Keep of Kalessin

But man, I can only think of 1 show in the past few years that I've been excited for as much as Paganfest. That show is going to be EPIC.

Well. I'm glad Paganfest is coming. I never heard anything back from the tour bookers. But yeah. I'll be there. As for SyX.. I don't know yet. I'll have to decide later. I loved seeing them last time. Russel kept looking like he was going to explode with all the energy he put into singing. Great great live band. I enjoyed Epica at ProgPower. Never seen Into Eternity (though I like their music). We'll see.

I'm still not sure whether or not I'm going to see Symphony X this time. They were a lot of fun in August but it's a really inconvenient date.

When was ATL confirmed!?! Edit: For Paganfest I mean.

Damn, tours this year are making me so happy!

I didn't know Atlanta got a Paganfest date. I'm all over that one.

yeah I had mentioned it a few days ago when I found out, but I think the thread got buried again fairly quickly. So when I saw the actual dates posted on the Masquerade site, I figured I'd start a separate thread for the ATL folks.

I need to pick up a few more of those artists' cds, as I liked most of what I sampled on their sites. Pretty cool stuff - not exactly what I expected (in a good way).

Ensiferum 'Victory Songs' is the only one I have yet. But I truly liked what I have heard of TYR and Turisas in particular. They each remind me at times of a 'heavy metal Lord of the Rings'. :heh:

:kickass: Friendly Reminder to all of my fellow Atlanta Metalheads and ProgPower Family:

Symphony X, Epica, Into Eternity - Thursday May 1st - $20 adv

Paganfest featuring Ensiferum, Turisas, TYR, Eluveitie - Monday May 19th - $18 adv

ALL Tickets go on sale through TicketBastard on Jan 25th.
:headbang:

both shows are at the /sarcasm/ wonderful /end sarcasm/ Masquerade! Hope to see you all there!
I'll be at the Symphony X show for sure.:headbang:

I will be there for Symphony X. I hope Epica doesn't cancel with Simone's health issues.

I'll probably skip Into Eternity

I just hope this show has the crowd size of the last Sym X show, and not the Nightwish show. I don't think Epica will draw in that many more people then the crowd size last time with Sym X (and I hope not - that NW show was uncomfortable with so many people)

If I lived in Atlanta, I would be at the Symphoy X show for sure. Being that it is on a Thursday and me being 5 -6 hours away......I don't see it happening.:cry:

Hmmmmmm ... may just have to take off work a little early for this one. Stupid Thursday dates ... gah! (Seriously, I'm friggin' grateful over here)

Actually, though Iron was a bit of a letdown (just comparing the albums... it still fucking owns) i think Petri came through big time on Victory Songs. My ranking for ensiferum albums is:

1)Ensiferum
2)Victory Songs
3)Iron

I'm inclined to agree with that order.

Has Epica been confirmed they will still be doing this tour? I thought they were taking most of this yar off to recover from various illnesses?