Syrian Prisedent Dr.Bashar Al A'sad speech

thjasi said:
OK, Hmm, so what do you prefer!? Monarchy, Dictatorship...???

Certainly not the ideas of a state Plato brought up in the "books" 2-10.
He may have centered his idea of a state around JUSTICE, but he structures his state in three parts: 1. "Rulers" (Philosophers ;) ), 2. "Guards" and 3. Farmer/Workmen (which means pretty much everyone :D )

Plato thinks that we get our talents/abilities before we are born (Lachesis Myth) and based on our talents the Guards decide which of the 3 parts a young child will be part of...blablabla you know what I mean :p

Bottom line: Plato may be right on a number of subjects but I prefer many modern democracies to his state, in which he creates 3 pretty much fixed categories.
I mean, what's a better alternative compared to democracy...ok Utopia, but that might be a problem :D

o.k......I agree.....thats why i didn't describe all what he wrote......
Plato was modern for his time.....and doesn't really fit our time.....though some ideas fit all eras......

I just said that the idea of democracy is not what people had made of it.....unfortunately......
the basics are great......but it is not rational, because of the human nature.....

and.....no, I guess there are no other ways......
:Smug:

well, no one like dictatorships.

but when you elect some for a secound time that's because of the expirence he had during his service, and most of the times because of the people love him, and because people doesn't know who can replace a beloved leader which can promise them to prove better things.

that's why I think Prisedent Bush was elected again, cause alot of people love him, cause he has alot of experience from his dad and his first presidency period, and people don't think that Mr.Kerry can be a better leader.

Originally Posted by Morticia NL.
I just do not believe in the american way of saying things like only their way is right. And that's what is sounds like to me most of the time. You cannot form just any country into your idea of democracy. To each his own kind of democracy is a better way. Lebanon has to form their own variation of it.
Originally Posted by Silent Song i agree and this is why i don't like our president
that's why no one like your priesdent, and that's why you see in all the world an anti-american phenomenon, you don't force people to do things that you think are right, you just afford suggestions and help to other countries to improve their selves.
With superpowers comes great responsibility, right ?

Obay you cant wash is here. There were no real elections there.
we all know its a fake in order to calm some of the opposition
there`s no cemocracy that has election results of 70%~ in favor of one leader, not mentioning it actually seems like a family buissiness - father/ son control.

it is a republic under military regime since March 1963, and a military control can not afford democracy.
this is how the IDF is defined - an a-democratic arm of democracy :)

I think that humans life are safer in democracy, and if in any other status you see an army controlling a nation, or a leader in uniform - then the facts tell us that someone is in suffer.

im democracies around the world there`s enough crime to make dictatorships seem like heaven, but at least you have the freedom to escape those places.

ok, but Syria needed that at 1970 cause for 20 years there were rebels from the army against every goverment that lead so it was the army in control since 1951, and he really controled the contrey when he lead, you have live here if you want to know about the real situation that Syria had before he lead, but he still did negative things being a army man.

and Syria is much safier than all the Europian countries, a women can walk at 12:00 pm without any annoyance from anybody.
well, we can leave to any country as well, but the problem that most of the countries doesn't give Visas to people from the third world countries.

maybe it's true.....
the problem is that we can't really know till we live in other countries......
every country and it's way of politics......

maybe we can't understand other ways, cause we're being brainwashed since the day we were born.......
when people will open their minds and start excepting other ways of living....the world will be so much easier to understand, and better place to live in......

thats what makes this forum so unique.....an island of sanity......

I was really impressed with this forum since I've been reading it, since politics was a subject rarely discussed. This thread troubles me somewhat...

Sad, but expected, that most people in Europe and the rest of the world equate the Bush administration with the American people (as if we all are of one mind). And they call US the ignorant ones... :rolleyes:

Not all of us here agree with his policies and his brand of morality, you know. Many are opposed to this "Big Bad America" mentality!
I am so sick of hearing "The American people this," "The American people that..."---there are 300 million of us, you know! We're not all ignorant, cultureless, and unconcerned with the rest of the world. I find the rest of the world more interesting than America, to be honest. But then, I suppose most people WANT to see Americans in this negative way-- to realistically accept that not all Americans are bad, ignorant, etc. would require that they lay down their stereotypes and cliches. And it's funny, whenever I travel abroad people AUTOMATICALLY assume that I'm an idiot (since I'm American), but are always set straight when we've talked a bit. I love converting people. :)

I know this thread wasn't explicitly about America, but since I spotted some opinions on the U.S. I had to post.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with Orphaned Land, and in future I will only post about their music. Just this once, though, I had to vent a little.

funny thing is most of those things were said by me, and i'm from the US. i think people in Europe are aware that we're not all stupid. however, there's a lot of stupid people to make up for that. and its not just the US... though i don't want to say "we suck" or "our country is so much better" because i don't believe either one. given the choice though, i'd like to live somewhere else :)

nobody hates the american people but we hate the U.S. goverment cause it's doing things that doesn't reflect it's postion as superpower, most of the times it does stupied irresponsable things.

Avi : it was really needed to take Taliban in Afganistan, that system did alot of bad things in the name of Islam, women aren't to be treated like this is Islam and statues aren't to be taken down (well no one destoried the pyramids or the pharohs statues in Egypt, nor the Romanin ones in Syria, nor the assyrian in Iraq and all over the islamic world), but U.S. left afganistan in a mess, well heroine planting multiplied 40 times after the war ...

Kobi I know you don't like such threads and you don't post in them, and that's because you are a celebrity and you have to be neutral, be what I'm doing here is opening a way so that arabs and israilis talk so they can find soloutions to problems in the region and politics is one of them, it's so important that we -the people not the politicians- talk with each other and know each other and try to accept our diffrences and that's why OL's fourm is important and unique cause it's the gate that opens the way ...

am I right Kobi ? I hope you will answer ...

originally posted by RashomoN
when people will open their minds and start excepting other ways of living....the world will be so much easier to understand, and better place to live in......
thats what makes this forum so unique.....an island of sanity......

Im not a celebrity my friend, I never voted the elections of my country, I simply get my self out of politis without a direct connection to OL, why?
I simply thinks it's a big manipulation that freaks our mind out, I prefer to deal with unification of people despite all the conflicts.

I agree Kobi- but reading threads like this also helps us understand one another better. And without discussion there will never be a solution to any problem. Communication is a way of saying you are open to someone else's ideas- to hear about them anyway.I like threads like this, but only if it is a constructive discussion.
Our love for the music of OL gives us a common background and it offers us the chance to meet up with peolpe from all over the planet. In getting people who normally never speak to one another the chance to do so, I think you also contribute in a positive way.

I always say that cultural identity is a pair of glasses we have been given from birth and upbringing to view the world through. But it's all the same world we see, only through different glasses. So I am interested to see through someone else's glasses sometimes.

PS I do not think that all americans are stupid- no way! But Bush, well he does not come accross that well.

I agree with everything you said Nathalie ...
I want to add : I'm so happy that I can meet here in OL fourm people over the world -and specialy from Israel-, and I can gently disccus with them everything from the most simple things like food (homs and falafel :) ) til the big thing like politics.

Kobi I said celebrity, cause I didn't what to say in English :p , I meant that alot of people are intrestd in you, and alot of people read and hear what you say ...