Syrian Prisedent Dr.Bashar Al A'sad speech

hey guys , it took me time to read this thread ,and the replies , interesting one indeed :Spin: , specialy ones of the new members WELCOM GUYS , :wave: :headbang:
bout the thread , there s no harm of libit of polishich :loco: ,and what bout am gonna say is bit way from politics , it handles the situation in general perspective ATROCITY.

When we look at the evil deeds of other men, we work hard to distance ourselves from them. The most vile and evil individuals in our history lose their humanity, at least in our eyes, and become monsters, demons or worse.
It’s very convenient that, the minute someone commits a heinous crime or an unspeakable act, that we cast them aside as a monster, forever tossing their humanity to the wind. It makes it easy for us as insecure souls to write them off and distance ourselves from them without giving our own demons a second look.
But truth is never written in black and white and it is seldom convenient. Though we call people monsters or push them aside as animals, the truth is that they are human, the same as you and I are and, as difficult as it is to face, we are all capable of the same unspeakable deeds.
Yes, the lack of humanity some of mankind’s worst has displayed is frightening and even terrifying. We all shudder to imagine what it would be like to be at the mercy of a remorseless killer or under the thumb of a ruthless dictator, but have we ever stopped to wonder that, in a different world, we could actually be that person.
We’re a society of people perpetually on edge, never more than a few steps away from madness and not as far removed from our animal roots as we’d like to think. Our instincts and desires lay there, repressed, waiting to creep up, often in perverted and twisted forms.
That’s why, as much as we love to cast aside societies villains, all it does is toss more sand on our inner demons and shorten the fuse just a hair. The longer we turn a blind eye to what we’re capable of, the easier it becomes for our own sinister side to creep to the surface and make monsters out of ourselves.
The only way we, as a species, can hope to control our demons is by first facing them and understanding them. That, of course, means accepting them as part of our nature and that’s something that, as we’ve gotten more and more “civilized”, has grown harder and harder to do.
And that’s why, even as we’ve prided ourselves on being more peaceful and more humane, hideous “monsters” have continued to rise up among our ranks. Naive thinking such as “Learning humanizes character and does not permit it to be cruel” has made us all blind to the nature humans and the evil that often lurks right underneath our nose.
We can no longer afford to fool ourselves. We cannot let our civility blind us to what lurks within all of us. The world is too dangerous for naivete to be our policy. We must see evil where it lies, not just in the deeds of other men and women, but within our own hearts.
Where it has laid this entire time.

we are all humans
sorry for this long reply boring :yuk: i know ,its bein long time i posted in this forum so again sorry guys :cry:

Moderator Note:
A part of the text above is copied from the following page: http://www.ravensrants.com/atrocity

Boring? No way- it is interesting. Though I do not see where the point you are making comes together to fit to this topic.
Can you please eloborate to why you think this fits the topic? It's obvious you want to make a statement regarding afor mentioned. - this is not meant in a sarcastic way, I just don't understand the context.

Morticia NL. said:
Boring? No way- it is interesting. Though I do not see where the point you are making comes together to fit to this topic.
Can you please eloborate to why you think this fits the topic? It's obvious you want to make a statement regarding afor mentioned. - this is not meant in a sarcastic way, I just don't understand the context.

u r right Nathalie,i read my post again , and honestly i dont know why i wrotte it , am so pissed off of the recent stat. here , i cant stand the stupidity ,naivety , and ignorence of my people any more ,for the frst time they have the chance to be united ,but losin it , and walking straight into another fanatik war ....
DROWNING IN SILENCE...

As a lebanese , am way against all the parts here , for they r all wrong and have no rights to talk bout lebanon s freedom ...and this how it gows for me :

opposition:
-most of them r the elit of 70th civil war assassins and leaders knowing :

jumblat :killing his own father the great leader KAMAL JUMBLAT just take the DROUZ leadership

jmael:killing his brother the great leader BACHIR JMAEL for also the presidential chair

General AOUN : ya a big coward planted his seeds in lebanon commiting a massacre and the ran away to our mothers land FRANCE

saint HARIRI the martyr ( rip) :#1 fire arms dealer during the war , his acts destroyed beirut wich he rebuilt it as a cover and cost us 40 billion dollar

jaajaa: a true bloodbath fan ..

the rest , have a crush for camera s lenthes , and have no clue bout what happened ... AH it s lebanon ?????

THE GOV.(in exception of our great army )
-chickens is the perfect word to describe them ...am against the persistance of syrian troops in lebanon ( no offence my brother obay ) ...but i dont show it in such cruel way as today ...we own them lots of thanks for guardin us but its bout time for us to rule the place ( we ll always be united by destiny)

THE RESISTENCE
- a red line for any one who trys to touch it , it s but a spontanius and legal act of the people against discrimination and land trespassing

we all pray for peace every second and every moment my friends ,and it s very sad what s happening recently ..
in the memory of beirut
25336293.img.jpg

As a Lebanese as well, I have to disagree with Lanthwick on just one thing which would be the labels he gave for the opposition leaders. It's true they were the main actors in the civil war, but I do not think it is right to label them as Lanthwick did; for they were not the only ones who were guilty of such atrocities in the war, all the others have blood on their hands as well. And as a Lebanese, I think it is time for a new generation to take over, a generation that believes in freedom and sovereignity and disregards confessionalism and sectarianism while believing in peace.
Furthermore I agree that we are gratefull for the Syrian presence, but it is time they leave us alone, the reasons for that are obvious...
Cheers,

Lanthwick- thank you for explaining. I can understand that this are hard and confusing times for anyone who loves his country. It's ok.
I cannot comment on what you said, since I have no idea about it and am not willing to base my opinion on so little information- whether it's coming from you or CNN.

Just wanted to let you know that I am always willing to listen if you want to talk about what's happening.

no Lanthwick I won't consider your opinin the persistance of syrian troops in lebanon, it's the time that your troops start, it's my opinion too.
well who can trust a man who killed his brother or father ?

and I will be listening too if you want to talk.
Nathalie CNN isn't the best resource for information for sure, you have to hear lebanese people.

Hail to Lebanese

LANTHWICK said:
Falconspirit -respect my friend

Lanthwick :wave: , respect my brother :)

obay bringer of the light said:
Nathalie CNN isn't the best resource for information for sure, you have to hear lebanese people.

Hail to Lebanese

Hail to a peacefull middle-east and to Syria as well my friend. :worship:
Oh and most importantly...Hail Orphaned Land!!!:headbang:

all thanks my friends ,and as falconspirit said we seek area s peace along with syria and most of all driving our cars down to haifa and join an O.l concert :D
we still have one day to worry about , that s next wednesday the 23 , for we got our own Nostradamus :loco: , and predicts a massacer on that specifik day ,( all his old predictions happened specialy the Hariri assassination ) ....unfortunatly he s not available for you guys , he left to france :hotjump:

no comment bout what :Spin: , bout the concert there if no one heard bout it DUBAI DESERT ROCK ,Performing live: The Darkness, Sepultura, Machine Head, Within Temptation, Saxon, Juliana Down, Nervecell(uae local death metal band , great tunes )
Date: Friday 25 March 2005 (Doors open 2:00PM, show starts 3:00PM)
Ticket Price: Dhs. 195

LANTHWICK said:
no comment bout what :Spin: , bout the concert there if no one heard bout it DUBAI DESERT ROCK ,Performing live: The Darkness, Sepultura, Machine Head, Within Temptation, Saxon, Juliana Down, Nervecell(uae local death metal band , great tunes )
Date: Friday 25 March 2005 (Doors open 2:00PM, show starts 3:00PM)
Ticket Price: Dhs. 195

I wonder when we are going to have a decent metal fest with bands such as those going to Dubai this week, here in Lebanon...aye Lanthwick?