TAB Thread.

Well I'm actually transcribing this solo at the moment because the one on the net is wr0ngz0rz!! And it looks pretty tricky in places. Definitely not the stuff I've mastered, that's for sure. :erk:

And there it is, Hellion solo:

http://download.yousendit.com/BBF0C8CD7B6EA017

I didn't touch the harmony part so it could be wrong. The rest is the right notes but I'm not sure on the positioning of that E/B string run. That's how I'm going to play it, who knows how many takes Alexi pasted together for that solo.

Sounds good. I was confused by bar 6 at first, then I read what it said above it, and it made sense. And Im glad Im not doing that solo, I could never do the last run (16-17) :p

why don't you pick up some sense of humor at CVS while you are buying your maxi pads

:lol: Ouch.

Stop this arguing bullshit plzthx.

Mystique, I can hear my guitar as soon as I plug it in too, programs just record what's heard. If you say you checked everything on my list, then I'm stunned too. :confused:

Shadowsouls, I'm giving Hellion a shot, I'm practising it now and I've got it to 105bpm so I might just get warmed up and just go for it, whether it's sloppy or not. :lol:

yes, Mitch. everything was correct. in fact, i was so frustrated by this, i even brought my amp, my guitar and my computer(it's a laptop) to work tonight because my friend is like a computer genius and he said he would try to help me. even he couldn't figure out what was wrong. he just said that my computer is somehow not responding to the connection of my amp, which is plugged into my guitar. so he thinks that i should probably download some kind of guitar program that would recognize the connection.

can you guys hear your guitar through your computer speakers when you just plug it in straight into your computer, without having any program on to detect it?

You don't need any special software. You either have a software setting messed up. Most likely the Line In or Microphone line is muted. Either that, or there is a hardware defect. Most likely it's the former.

what holes on the amp are you using like what is your guitar going in to and what hole are you using to connect your amp to your comp?

I use microphone for mine because when I put it in line in, it pans it to the left. Maybe that's what Rock Hydra was talking about.

I'm trying to record the Hellion solo but it's fast. :erk:

I use microphone for mine because when I put it in line in, it pans it to the left. Maybe that's what Rock Hydra was talking about.

I'm trying to record the Hellion solo but it's fast. :erk:

Mine pans to the left too, but I use 'Channel Mixer' in Audition to pan it equally on both, right and left side after I've recorded.

Good luck with the solo. I tried to learn it too sometime ago but I don't have the patience to practise my speed. :D

:lol: I'm running out of patience too and I'm not even trying. I need to just practise it all night and the go for it in a few hours time.

Also, did you know that there's like a 7 second clip of Alexi recording the Hellion solo on that documentary? I only noticed it last night.

Warheart, which hellion solo are you trying to learn? The one in documentary or the CD version? Just go and record it cleanly, even if it's not in correct tempo. I'd like to hear you play :).

Warheart, which hellion solo are you trying to learn? The one in documentary or the CD version? Just go and record it cleanly, even if it's not in correct tempo. I'd like to hear you play :).

I'm trying to learn the CD version. The thing that makes Aleix's solos a bitch to learn is he puts in loads of things that are really simple but are extremely hard to play at high speeds and also to do 2 things at once. For example, he does a slide on the 19th fret, high E string but he gets a harmonic so it's super high and it sounds great but hard to get everytime.

Also, there's a whammy bar flutter on a note just before he does a descending 2 note per string pentatonic thing, that's the part that's giving me the most trouble. :erk:

I might record it at like 100 with a GP backing track or something later if I still haven't hit 128.

Here's a few ghey recordings:

http://media.putfile.com/Paul-Gilbert---I-Like-Rock
http://media.putfile.com/CONCERTO
http://media.putfile.com/Everytime-I-Die-39
http://media.putfile.com/Bodom-After-Midnight-11
http://media.putfile.com/Dragonforce---Black-Fire-intro

You don't need any special software. You either have a software setting messed up. Most likely the Line In or Microphone line is muted. Either that, or there is a hardware defect. Most likely it's the former.

i tried plugging it into both the mic input and the earphones input. neither are working. ALL the volume controles on my computer are turned up to the maximum. nothing is muted. the volume on my guitar and amp are also turned up. and i don't have a "line in" input on my laptop. just two jacks: the microphone one and the earphones one.

Conti said:
what holes on the amp are you using like what is your guitar going in to and what hole are you using to connect your amp to your comp?

my guitar is plugged into the input "hole" and then i have a regular cable coming out of the headphones "hole" and that cable is connected to the 1/4" adapter which is connected to my computer through it's other end (the 1/8")

but anyway, enough talking about this stupid problem on this thread. i'll just have my friend come over and he'll probably be able to fix it. thanks for your help you guys.

Some nice stuff there! You did Concerto really good! :headbang: Are you picking all notes? I think I hear some legato in there, but I'm not sure...

What are you using to record?

I'm sweep picking if there's one note on a string and using legato if there's 3.

Rg770 guitar through a Korg PX4, that's it.

i tried plugging it into both the mic input and the earphones input. neither are working. ALL the volume controles on my computer are turned up to the maximum. nothing is muted. the volume on my guitar and amp are also turned up. and i don't have a "line in" input on my laptop. just two jacks: the microphone one and the earphones one.

my guitar is plugged into the input "hole" and then i have a regular cable coming out of the headphones "hole" and that cable is connected to the 1/4" adapter which is connected to my computer through it's other end (the 1/8")

but anyway, enough talking about this stupid problem on this thread. i'll just have my friend come over and he'll probably be able to fix it. thanks for your help you guys.

:zombie: That's so weird. :erk: Hopefully the dude can fix it.

I thought so. Somehow it sounded too clean for me to be all picked. I pick it all and that's the way Becker did it.

This Korg PX4 sounds interesting. Is that recorded when using line in?

He didn't pick that section entirely, I played it the same way he did.

I plug it into the mic slot so yeah, basically.

Mine pans to the left too, but I use 'Channel Mixer' in Audition to pan it equally on both, right and left side after I've recorded.

Good luck with the solo. I tried to learn it too sometime ago but I don't have the patience to practise my speed. :D

Yeah, it will pan left since 1 band = 1 channel. 2 Bands = Stereo and Line in is a Stereo input and teh microphone is a mono input.

:lol: I'm running out of patience too and I'm not even trying. I need to just practise it all night and the go for it in a few hours time.

Also, did you know that there's like a 7 second clip of Alexi recording the Hellion solo on that documentary? I only noticed it last night.

Yeah, I've noticed that. :) I would love to see some more material from that recording session (or any other session duh?).

Yeah me too. I can't remember if I told anyone on here but someone told me something about Alexi using around 130 takes for one solo because he wasn't happy. I'll see if I can find what he wrote.

Yeah me too. I can't remember if I told anyone on here but someone told me something about Alexi using around 130 takes for one solo because he wasn't happy. I'll see if I can find what he wrote.

Holy shit. And I thought I were a perfectionist. :D