TAB Thread.

Yeah that's him. Imo, that was far from being "really good". Sorry but I have a thing against people just playing the right notes and thats it, they need to have good control, vibrato, bending to actually make it sound good. I'm a nitpicker. :D

It's drop D, it says so somewhere on the page.

Alexi luvs da shweep pickin'. :D

He only seemed to have command over was the 3 string sweeps at the end. The rest was pretty sub-par.

OT: By the way has Roope ever cited Steve Morse as an influence? The chorus of "I Spit on Your Grave" sounds very similar to the main verse of this song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mitch, your Enter Sandman cover - who is that on vocals? It's a really great cover man.

Thanks. The vocals were done by someone who writes for Gutiarist magazine which is where I got th BT from.

He only seemed to have command over was the 3 string sweeps at the end. The rest was pretty sub-par.

Really? I thought that part was terrible.

Thanks for your honest criticizm guys! I appreciate it! :)

Edit: Haha, I guess you guys meant that guy who played KtS? :lol: I dunno, meh..

Haha, thats what I meant, I just wasnt thinking :p

Is it a nice guitar? I was looking at one awhile ago, but didnt have near enough money, and now that I just bought a keyboard, I wont have money for awhile. :(

Haha, thats what I meant, I just wasnt thinking :p

Is it a nice guitar? I was looking at one awhile ago, but didnt have near enough money, and now that I just bought a keyboard, I wont have money for awhile. :(

Well, I think it's "ok" comparing it to its price. But if I were you I would probably buy the LTD Alexi-600 or something a little more expensive/better in quality.

Thanks for your honest criticizm guys! I appreciate it! :)

Edit: Haha, I guess you guys meant that guy who played KtS? :lol: I dunno, meh..

Hey, nothing personal, my friend. I guess Mitch and I have the same opinion toward musicianship and being prepared for a performance. I feel that if someone is going to post a video showcasing their playing, it should be 100% perfect. And for those who think playing something perfectly is boring, this isn't hippie jam music, this is highly technical, classically influenced music where mistakes are not allowed.

Once again, no offense, Epi, and to be honest, yours was the best KTS video I've seen yet. You (and all of us) just need some more practice.

I think this is how it goes...

Warheart said:
I was watching some kid attempt the Kissing the Shadows solo earlier and he played the lead before the solo differently to all the tabs I've seen.

xshadowsoulsx said:
Was it the kid with the black ESP SV who plays it really good?

Warheart said:
I actually can't remember. I've never seen a great version of it imo though.

shadowsoulsx said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPizjNJBWBQ

Warheart said:
Yeah that's him. Imo, that was far from being "really good". Sorry but I have a thing against people just playing the right notes and thats it, they need to have good control, vibrato, bending to actually make it sound good. I'm a nitpicker.

Epi said:
Thanks for your honest criticizm guys! I appreciate it!

Edit: Haha, I guess you guys meant that guy who played KtS? I dunno, meh..

Epi posted his stuff in the "guitarists thread" in OT. We were all talking about the link that shadowsouls posted.

And then:

Ben said:
Once again, no offense, Epi, and to be honest, yours was the best KTS video I've seen yet. You (and all of us) just need some more practice.

Warheart said:
That wasn't even Epi playing it though. I haven't seen him play it.

I wish to be shot if I'm wrong but I think that's the situation. :zombie:

I watched Epi's vids and they're awesome. Some of the best CoB cover vids I've seen yet. :kickass: