TAB Thread.

alright let's do it. umm...i've never attempted to play metalcore before but i can imagine that it's easier than bodom stuff. oh well, maybe we'll just let it flow. whatever sounds good ya know? so do you wanna start it off or should i?

(actually i kinda have this intro i've been working on, if you want, we can start with that)

Alright, sure! Don't worry about what style it is, just come up with some riffs and then we can talk about it...Um also..do you use MSN or AIM? My MSN is rockhydra11@hotmail.com or RockHydra16 for AIM.

I was watching some kid attempt the Kissing the Shadows solo earlier and he played the lead before the solo differently to all the tabs I've seen. I've never thought about re-arranging it so it's in a different position so I wrote out a few different possibilities just incase anyone finds this part rather difficult.

I quite like variation 4 myself, no position shifts and it all fits nicely under the fingers. :) Check it out.

Kissing the Shadows lick

I actually can't remember. I've never seen a great version of it imo though.

Anyway, here's another one of Warheart's crazy things.

Sweep picking licks from nearly every Children of Bodom song...

There's a few that I've left out from In Your Face, Living Dead Beat and maybe a few others but I'm sure that's enough for anyone that wants to learn how to sweep pick and/or study Alexi's style when it comes to arpeggios.

There's a few that I've left out from In Your Face, Living Dead Beat and maybe a few others but I'm sure that's enough for anyone that wants to learn how to sweep pick and/or study Alexi's style when it comes to arpeggios.

I thought it was gonna be you actually playing them.. but then I saw 12kb :lol:

that was a good idea mitch. but on the bed of razors sweep, don't you think it's better to tap the 19th fret? that's how i've been practicing it anyway...

that was a good idea mitch. but on the bed of razors sweep, don't you think it's better to tap the 19th fret? that's how i've been practicing it anyway...

I think it's easier to play the way it's written on the tab Mitch made. But, whatever feels comfortable to you and sounds right, it's ok. :)

Nice job, Warheart, but you forgot the Next in Line Solo and the one in the If You Want Peace solo too, but that's just bustin' balls there. Nice job!

I'm sure I did but I don't have the tabs to copy from. The tab thread wouldn't load at the time so I just left it. There's probably more sweeping in the outro of The Nail than those two songs put together anyway so it's not a big loss.

Nope, it's how Alexi plays it too. Position shifting is extremely important when it comes to sweep picking, there's nothing worse that sloppy sweeping with messy slides so it's good to have something to practise. :puke:

This is the guy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPizjNJBWBQ

And Epi, were you the one who posted you playing the Deadnight Warrior and Lake Bodom solos?

Thats a hellova lot of sweeping Mitch :p

This is the guy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPizjNJBWBQ

And Epi, were you the one who posted you playing the Deadnight Warrior and Lake Bodom solos?

Thats a hellova lot of sweeping Mitch :p

Yeah that's him. Imo, that was far from being "really good". Sorry but I have a thing against people just playing the right notes and thats it, they need to have good control, vibrato, bending to actually make it sound good. I'm a nitpicker. :D

It's drop D, it says so somewhere on the page.

Alexi luvs da shweep pickin'. :D

Yeah that's him. Imo, that was far from being "really good". Sorry but I have a thing against people just playing the right notes and thats it, they need to have good control, vibrato, bending to actually make it sound good. I'm a nitpicker. :D

It's drop D, it says so somewhere on the page.

Alexi luvs da shweep pickin'. :D

i agree, that video had a lot of things off timing, no real emotion or anything.

btw do you have any videos or recordings mitch?