TAB Thread.

alrighty_then.jpg

(Why the fuck am I spamming my own thread...:zombie:)

This is the part were I got confused, lol:

And Epi, were you the one who posted you playing the Deadnight Warrior and Lake Bodom solos?

Yeah that's him. Imo, that was far from being "really good". Sorry but I have a thing against people just playing the right notes and thats it, they need to have good control, vibrato, bending to actually make it sound good. I'm a nitpicker. :D

Mitch's post on the second to last page pretty much explains how it went so, no, I didn't play that KtS solo.

Hey, nothing personal, my friend. I guess Mitch and I have the same opinion toward musicianship and being prepared for a performance. I feel that if someone is going to post a video showcasing their playing, it should be 100% perfect. And for those who think playing something perfectly is boring, this isn't hippie jam music, this is highly technical, classically influenced music where mistakes are not allowed.

Once again, no offense, Epi, and to be honest, yours was the best KTS video I've seen yet. You (and all of us) just need some more practice.

Let's say you were commenting on my videos. I wouldn't be offended in anyway because that's basically how I feel about the whole thing too
(though I play probably a bit over my skills on the videos in youtube and that's not perfection :erk:). Those type of honest comments are important imo.
I mean what's the point of shouting "Omg, perfect!!!1", when it's obviously not perfect?
I'd say that 99% of the comments you get in youtube are just that.

I watched Epi's vids and they're awesome. Some of the best CoB cover vids I've seen yet. :kickass:

Thanks dude! Btw, your recordings rawk!! :D

I made my own soundclick page too and I'll be adding a bunch of recordings there sometime soon.
I started to use V-Amp in recording so I think the sound quality should be better now. :)

This off-topic is getting out of hand. :D

Oops!!! Forget everything I said on the last page. :(

Epi, I hunted down your videos, and they kick much ass indeed. Your vibrato is really good as well. You kick the shit out of that KTS guy, obviously.

Oops!!! Forget everything I said on the last page. :(

Epi, I hunted down your videos, and they kick much ass indeed. Your vibrato is really good as well. You kick the shit out of that KTS guy, obviously.

Thank you! :)

I don't know.. I think that the "KTS guy" can play a lot faster than me or atleast cleaner. I'm working on my alternate picking atm and try to build up some speed.

Yeah, vibrato is one thing, well I can't say I'm so much practised it since to me it came pretty naturally, but I've always focused on that in my playing. I remember Yngwie saying in some instructional video of his that he considers vibrato as a fingerprint of any player or singer or something like that. I think that's very true. :)

Thank you! :)

I don't know.. I think that the "KTS guy" can play a lot faster than me or atleast cleaner. I'm working on my alternate picking atm and try to build up some speed.

Yeah, vibrato is one thing, well I can't say I'm so much practised it since to me it came pretty naturally, but I've always focused on that in my playing. I remember Yngwie saying in some instructional video of his that he considers vibrato as a fingerprint of any player or singer or something like that. I think that's very true. :)

i don't get it...when people like you (that meaning people who can play bodom songs close to perfect) say that they need to work on their alternate picking, i wonder why. is it that you just want to get faster at alt. picking? because you can obviously alternate pick just fine :confused:

i don't get it...when people like you (that meaning people who can play bodom songs close to perfect) say that they need to work on their alternate picking, i wonder why. is it that you just want to get faster at alt. picking? because you can obviously alternate pick just fine :confused:

I'm really not that good at alternate picking you know. I mean I can play pretty fast on one string but when I need to change string while picking fast, it just doesn't work.
That's why I tend to use legato and tapping alot.

Right now I'm really trying to have the patience to practise my picking. Usually when I practise something, it lasts like 10 minutes and the I just start to jam/fool around with the guitar. :D

lol same here. i tell myself, "ok, today i'll practice sweeping for at least 30 min. straight" and it never happens cuz i start doing random riffs and other shit i know.

man, being disciplined is hard sometimes :erk:

The best way for me to practice any tecnique is to find something that actually sounds good, so you will be forced to practice it to have a "nice-sounding" lick. When you just play the same scale up and down, that might not be as rewarding in your eyes.

Because you're bored? :lol:

I just thought of something, you should record Lake Bodom :D

Yeah man, I really want to. And do the whole thing in C# or something but that intro lick is really killing me! :lol:

It's just the:

E-----17-------------15--
B---17-----and----17-----
G-17------------17-------

that I have trouble with. I'm suprised really because I've had to play that stuff when sweeping and when I play those shapes as 3 string arpeggios, it's not difficult but when I attempt LB, I suck. :cool:

inhi said:
The best way for me to practice any tecnique is to find something that actually sounds good, so you will be forced to practice it to have a "nice-sounding" lick. When you just play the same scale up and down, that might not be as rewarding in your eyes.

Very true. That's why I always practise bits from songs instead of just scales all the time. I have a whole bunch of AL licks in powertab and a whole bunch of PG licks, a whole bunch of Yngwie licks etc so I know that when I get (this) lick up to speed, I'll be able to play it in (this) song perfectly and it's a very cool feeling to know that.

Very true. That's why I always practise bits from songs instead of just scales all the time. I have a whole bunch of AL licks in powertab and a whole bunch of PG licks, a whole bunch of Yngwie licks etc so I know that when I get (this) lick up to speed, I'll be able to play it in (this) song perfectly and it's a very cool feeling to know that.

You quoted "inhi" :ill:

Yeah man, I really want to. And do the whole thing in C# or something but that intro lick is really killing me! :lol:

It's just the:

that I have trouble with. I'm suprised really because I've had to play that stuff when sweeping and when I play those shapes as 3 string arpeggios, it's not difficult but when I attempt LB, I suck. :cool:

In which way do you play that, sweep or alternate picking?
i think the alternate picking way is easier for this lick and sounds better

In which way do you play that, sweep or alternate picking?
i think the alternate picking way is easier for this lick and sounds better

I sweep it. I haven't tried alternate picking it because I just naturally played it the way Alexi does when I re-learnt it after I bought the Jan 2006 YG mag.

I'll try alt picking it but I doubt it'll be easier for me.

Btw, I can now play the sweeps in THE NAIL at full speed!! :D:D:D

It's not PERFECT yet but I was playing along with the CD and about 7/8 times out of 10, I can do it. So hopefully, if I practise it a bit now, I'll be able to record it when my computer is fixed. I'll also work on Lake Bodom.

I'm really not that good at alternate picking you know. I mean I can play pretty fast on one string but when I need to change string while picking fast, it just doesn't work.
That's why I tend to use legato and tapping alot.

Right now I'm really trying to have the patience to practise my picking. Usually when I practise something, it lasts like 10 minutes and the I just start to jam/fool around with the guitar. :D

Yeah, thats kind of the same as me, Im not to good at alternate picking when changing strings really fast (like for a solo) so alot of the time, I will just use hammer-ons and pull-offs, but Im starting to work on it.

It's just the:

I was watching people on youtube playing that song, and I didnt see any real good ones, so I thought you would be able to atleast play it good. :D

I think Im gonna set up one of those sound click things or whatever they are pretty soon, and I think im gonna get more into recording, because I havent recorded anything in a long time :p

Haha yeah, don't watch people on youtube if you wanna see a good performance of something.

Did you end up recording that song that you sent me the tabs for?

Haha yeah, don't watch people on youtube if you wanna see a good performance of something.

Did you end up recording that song that you sent me the tabs for?

Umm, no :( I kept reminding myself, then forgetting, and being lazy, Ive still been meaning to though. Remind me to do it this weekend :p