TAB Thread.

Mitch, how about tabbing out that tapping thing Alexi plays in Deadnight Warrior in Tokyo 99 at about 1:43? And the lick he plays in Rotterdam 98 in Lake Bodom just before the lyrics kick in (about 5:24 into the video)?

Well, mystique, if you're up for the song thing, I'll work with you. I suggested it before, so I'm definitely down.

alright let's do it. umm...i've never attempted to play metalcore before but i can imagine that it's easier than bodom stuff. oh well, maybe we'll just let it flow. whatever sounds good ya know? so do you wanna start it off or should i?

(actually i kinda have this intro i've been working on, if you want, we can start with that)

It's exactly that except that they're power chords instead of the other chords used.. :p

:lol: Ok. I was listening to it, and was like "hmm, this seems really familiar...Ohh, its the hidden keyboard solo rhythm" Haha, I think the reason I noticed it so quickly was that I started to learn it on keyboard :)

Mitch, how about tabbing out that tapping thing Alexi plays in Deadnight Warrior in Tokyo 99 at about 1:43? And the lick he plays in Rotterdam 98 in Lake Bodom just before the lyrics kick in (about 5:24 into the video)?

If it's Alexi tapping somthing, chances are it'll be pentatonic in whatever key the song is in. I don't have the Rootterdam gig on this computer so that'll have to wait but I might take a look at that DW thing if the sound quality is good enough.

Yeah, if they're accurate, post 'em here and Mitch will probably take a look at them, but check the first page to see which ones are already done.

Question refering Lake Bodom: The Guitar Solo sounds like it has been played with Legato, but the GP-Tabs say Alternate Picking.

What is right?

Always listen to your ears. If it sounds legato, chances are it is because tabs won't always notate everything. And I agree, it sounds like that last run is played legato to me too.

Nazgul said:
I uploaded the Lake Bodom lick from Rotterdam 98:

I can't play that clip, just rip the audio.