TAB Thread.

Cool tab, I'll have to get it up in the first post soon with all the other stuff we've done recently.

I just thought I'd post this since I discovered it a while ago and only remembered to tab it now.

The interlude lick in Lake Bodom live Tokyo Warhearts is a little bit wrong.

The original tab goes like this.

And the way that he actually played it goes like this.

The timing is wrong and sounds too slow but at least it's the right notes/position.

I remember a while back when Rock Hydra posted a GP5 titled "Fav lick styles" or something like that. I've only just listened to it because I wasn't able to access GP5 so I decided to make one of my own.

Warheart's fav licks

This is the kind of stuff I pracitse and play but I can't play it at this speed. Some of you may recognise the direct Paul Gilbert rip off but whatever, he's the best.

yeah but it's not all about speed. i don't know if you've noticed but in some of those gilbert and malmsteen videos, they play so damn fast that it doesn't even sound that good anymore. but when they slow it down, that's when it sounds like music.

yeah but it's not all about speed. i don't know if you've noticed but in some of those gilbert and malmsteen videos, they play so damn fast that it doesn't even sound that good anymore. but when they slow it down, that's when it sounds like music.

I know it's not all about speed but imo, it sounds better at about 100 than 80. I'm used to hearing it at that speed and faster on some '86 vids and because PG is soo accurate, it sounds amazing.

Chris Impellitteri is too fast for me though.

Here's a full instructional video:

http://video.google.co.uk/url?vidur...rc=sr2&usg=AL29H21Mlkihzc3cHEpKRbeuqeMnTInz-Q

Some of the sweep licks are terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if you guys wanted to get another GP jam thing using the Passage to the Reaper Part 2 backing. I've already started something, but I've only removed parts that I needed to so, there are still some parts that need to be changed....

Here's what I have:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=F2B7F85121C72D74

I actually was going to suggest, when I uploaded the Dem. #2 backing track, if people here would be interested in doing another jam. Though I would've suggested that everyone would record their solos rather than just compose one in GP but that didn't really work out on the 'Hellion' BT so I just decided not the mention that. :)

Your solos sounded pretty good on that track. :kickass: I decided to finish the version I made for the backing track, guitar parts are still the same as in the one on the first post though.

Passage to the Reaper - Demonstration #2.gp4

It could be a cool thing to do. We'd need to measure the whole backing track and figure out in advange who's soloing over which part so we don't run into each other. I know I'd like to play over the G#min section.