TAB Thread.

I'm ready with my Are you dead yet? tab Children of Bodom - Are you dead yet? but I have something to say:

Guitars: should be pretty much perfect now. I used some parts from the AYDY instructional video and from the guitar lesson with this stupid contest winner. solo is the album version. but I suck with those artificial harmonics, so somebody should correct them
and: some parts may sound a bit wired but all parts all right. I edited the song and cut out the voice - has the effekt that all guitars and the drums are better to hear.

Bass: I wasn't able to tab all parts (only a few parts missing) cause its partly really hard to hear.

Keyboard: should be pretty much accurate as well. I listened to Are you dead yet? from CRY cause the keys are a bit louder and easier to hear as in the album version.

Drums: must be also accurate now.

@ Epi: no? ok I'm no drummer but (except some tom-mistakes - to hard to figure them out) I think it sounds pretty good.

@ CHildren of COB:

watch AND

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm agreeing with children of COB, 5 notes :

1 1 1 1 1
^ v ^ v ^

Sure as hell.

EDIT:
I listened carefully to AYDY in Chaos Ridden Years, even slowed down the tempo to be sure, it's 5 notes, APART FROM bar 56 from your tab, where it Alexi appears to be playing 4 notes :

Code:
ALEXI

|---3---|         |---3---|                                                 
--------------------------------|------------------------------------|
--1---1---1---1----3---3---3---3|--5--5--5--5--5-----7--7--7--7--7---|

ROOPE

------------------------------------|------------------------------------|
--1--1--1--1--1-----1--1--1--1--1---|--1--1--1--1--1-----3--3--3--3--3---|

Edited my post just upwards with a text tablature to explain well.
Anyway, great tab, I had never seen such a good one for this song.

And also, I was glad to find a great Blooddrunk tab the day I first heard it !
I just have one thing to say about it, the first riff, it sounds like triplets to me, on the low string :

Code:
     PM PM PM    PM PM PM    PM PM PM           
  |-3|  |-3|  |-3|  |-3|  |-3|  |-3|  |--3--|   
  E  S  S  E  E  S  S  E  E  S  S  E  E  E  E   
-----------------------------------------------|
--7-----------7-----------7-----------5--5--5--|
--5-----------5-----------5-----------3--3--3--|
-----0--0--0-----0--0--0-----0--0--0-----------|

I'll tell you if I see something else when I'll learn it, one of those days =)

|---3---| |---3---|
--1---1---1---1----3---3---3---3|--5--5--5--5--5-----7--7--7--7--7---|

ROOPE

--1--1--1--1--1-----1--1--1--1--1---|--1--1--1--1--1-----3--3--3--3--3---|
[/code]

That makes no sense. Comparing triplets and 16th sounds horrible. PLEASE, WATCH AND LISTEN CAREFULLY TO THE ARE YOU DEAD YET INSTRUCTIONAL VID!!!! 4 NOTES; NOT MORE!!!!!! I also listend to Are you dead yet CRY and the album version again and Alexi and Roope both playing FOUR NOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plz Warheart or Epi - HELP ME!!!

I'm ready with my Are you dead yet? tab Children of Bodom - Are you dead yet? but I have something to say:

Guitars: should be pretty much perfect now. I used some parts from the AYDY instructional video and from the guitar lesson with this stupid contest winner. solo is the album version. but I suck with those artificial harmonics, so somebody should correct them
and: some parts may sound a bit wired but all parts all right. I edited the song and cut out the voice - has the effekt that all guitars and the drums are better to hear.

Bass: I wasn't able to tab all parts (only a few parts missing) cause its partly really hard to hear.

Keyboard: should be pretty much accurate as well. I listened to Are you dead yet? from CRY cause the keys are a bit louder and easier to hear as in the album version.

Drums: must be also accurate now.

Not bad at all. I think overall, it's the best sounded AYDY tab I've heard, good job.

I think bars 56,57 and 110,111 are grops of 6 notes and not 4. Everything else seems correct for me.
Nah I think this time I'm right, but it's 5 notes, not 6 like I said. 4 still sound too short.

AYDY part

Yes, definitely.

Arcane: The tab is pretty good I guess but the drums are not imo that accurate.

Yeah, there's a few things that I will fix. I'll probably look over the whole drum track.

Edited my post just upwards with a text tablature to explain well.
Anyway, great tab, I had never seen such a good one for this song.

And also, I was glad to find a great Blooddrunk tab the day I first heard it !
I just have one thing to say about it, the first riff, it sounds like triplets to me, on the low string :

Hmm, it's hard to be sure but it sounds like it's possible. I can listen to it one way and think "nah, it's not", but then I can listen to it another way and think "yeah definitely".

I'm gonna wait for the album or a video lesson, just to be 100% sure before I make any changes.

aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm really wrong! fuck! http://www.sendspace.com/file/1y0p8q

Here is the new tab http://www.sendspace.com/file/5bpe4q

I think its good enough for the first page, or?

I've edited the instruments a bit, changed the order and re-named, corrected this thing that you've been discussing and added a seperate track for the guitar solo.

I still want to just make the guitar notation look a bit better by changing some things (I'm really fussy) but not change any notes.

I'll also go over the bass and drums and then it'll definitely go in the first post.