TAB Thread.

^:lol::lol::lol:

Mitch, is there a certain way you go about tabbing solos. I find it extremely difficult. (main reason i stopped tabbing DWEDFN)

^:lol::lol::lol:

Mitch, is there a certain way you go about tabbing solos. I find it extremely difficult. (main reason i stopped tabbing DWEDFN)

Not really a "certain way", I just do it note by note. Sounds obvious but I don't know how else to explain it. Just try and hear the first note, tab it out, rewind and try and listen to the second note, tab it out etc.

But with Alexi's solos, I can usually do groups of 4/5/6/7/8 notes at a time without stopping because I can predict what he's playing because I've learnt so much of his stuff. That'll obviously come with lots of experience/practise.

Wow man you're fucking fast! I take about 15, except when I have to restring. Then it goes up to 40 really easy.

Well it's not difficult. If I'm putting my RG into D, I just screw the screws deeper into the body about 1/2cm and it automatically tunes itself pretty much. The trick is to try and not touch the tuning pegs, let the springs do the work.

Try and do the solo from One Day You Will Cry, that's one of the easier ones.

And I'm proud to say that I tabbed the keyboard solo in Hellhounds... without a guitar here. I just used my ears and that's it, I'm so happy. :D

Not really a "certain way", I just do it note by note. Sounds obvious but I don't know how else to explain it. Just try and hear the first note, tab it out, rewind and try and listen to the second note, tab it out etc.

But with Alexi's solos, I can usually do groups of 4/5/6/7/8 notes at a time without stopping because I can predict what he's playing because I've learnt so much of his stuff. That'll obviously come with lots of experience/practise.

Well it's not difficult. If I'm putting my RG into D, I just screw the screws deeper into the body about 1/2cm and it automatically tunes itself pretty much. The trick is to try and not touch the tuning pegs, let the springs do the work.

But then the bridge will get lower, and I play with the strings really close to the fretboard. Also, that way you can't tune down just one string (e.g. drop C). Dunno, I'll try next week (YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, 25/3 bandages off finally :kickass::kickass::kickass:) with my RG.

But then the bridge will get lower, and I play with the strings really close to the fretboard. Also, that way you can't tune down just one string (e.g. drop C). Dunno, I'll try next week (YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, 25/3 bandages off finally :kickass::kickass::kickass:) with my RG.

To be totally honest, I can't actually remember which way is which.

I THINK, if you screw the screws into the body, it'll pull the bridge back, making the tuning rise aswell, then you just use the tuning pegs to tune down a bit and the bridge will go with it, back to normal level.

I'll have to try it on my RG sometime and write a review or make a vid on how to do it in 5/10 minutes because I can't remember right now.

:lol: :D:D

To be totally honest, I can't actually remember which way is which.

I THINK, if you screw the screws into the body, it'll pull the bridge back, making the tuning rise aswell, then you just use the tuning pegs to tune down a bit and the bridge will go with it, back to normal level.

I'll have to try it on my RG sometime and write a review or make a vid on how to do it in 5/10 minutes because I can't remember right now.

It'd be great. We'd all thank you :kickass:

But be prepared for a really shitty tab of LoBodomy, this song is fucking hard to transcribe!!!!!!

Indeed !!

I'd still be interested in seeing it though. I've always though about re-doing that song but never bothered.

Here's a link to a TCH tab I got threw Epi if I remember well, maybe it was somone else, like one or 2 years ago. It's pretty good I think, I can't listen to it right now though, no Power Tab installed :

^ I put the link just over

About the tab, I just started the intro / first verse / chorus, but there are some parts I can't tell what the hell it is.
I sent it to arcane and he showed me his tab, which seemed more accurate than mine. I could show you if you want, tell me your msn.

Hey I know I'm off topic again since you're caught up in trying to tab blooddrunk,

but i have a question on your Swarmed tab by sinergy.

In measure 56 the solo has a tapped slide going up to fret 25, which doesn't exist. How do I play this?

^ I put the link just over

About the tab, I just started the intro / first verse / chorus, but there are some parts I can't tell what the hell it is.
I sent it to arcane and he showed me his tab, which seemed more accurate than mine. I could show you if you want, tell me your msn.

Could you upload to sendspace and send it in a PM?

Hey I know I'm off topic again since you're caught up in trying to tab blooddrunk,

but i have a question on your Swarmed tab by sinergy.

In measure 56 the solo has a tapped slide going up to fret 25, which doesn't exist. How do I play this?

Just slide up to anything. I put the 25th fret because it sounded good but it doesn't have to be exact.

Alright, thanks for the info. I now realize (didn't realize while practicing it slow) that it's so fast it doesn't matter anyways, and just sliding up randomly sounds great anyways.

BTW, reading up on what you guys are saying about tuning, I feel like a complete idiot, but I have no idea what you guys are talking about with the springs and stuff for retuning...

I have an Alexi V-600, and hwen I first got it I just retuned it when I retstrung it to D tuning... i didn't do anything with the springs. is that bad?

Alright, thanks for the info. I now realize (didn't realize while practicing it slow) that it's so fast it doesn't matter anyways, and just sliding up randomly sounds great anyways.

Exactly!!!

orb said:
BTW, reading up on what you guys are saying about tuning, I feel like a complete idiot, but I have no idea what you guys are talking about with the springs and stuff for retuning...

I have an Alexi V-600, and hwen I first got it I just retuned it when I retstrung it to D tuning... i didn't do anything with the springs. is that bad?

Is the bridge level or is it sticking up or sunk down at all? If you have some pics of it, that'll help.