TAB Thread.

Well... all tabs in this thread - or 90% - are made with guitar including all keyboards. Most of us are guitar players and no keyboard players, so we put the notes in those tabs like we would play it with guitar...

Oh and when guitars are downtuned, we always downtune the keys too. Makes it easier to tab.

It was probably the vid where Janne and Alexi jammed to TMR, Sioux City and some Waltari or whatever, where you could see it. I learned to play TMR some time ago (except solo). I think it's interesting, I can see where it isn't logical to play some part on keyboard, because obviously you've translated it to piano directly from guitar. Or logical, I dunno, but pretty damn hard :lol: I don't know much about theory so in that respect don't take me seriously.

It was probably the vid where Janne and Alexi jammed to TMR, Sioux City and some Waltari or whatever, where you could see it. I learned to play TMR some time ago (except solo). I think it's interesting, I can see where it isn't logical to play some part on keyboard, because obviously you've translated it to piano directly from guitar. Or logical, I dunno, but pretty damn hard :lol: I don't know much about theory so in that respect don't take me seriously.

You're probably lookıng at the sheet musıc ın guıtar pro whıch ıs why you keep sayıng the tabs are wrong but they're not.

When you open GP4, all ınstruments are automatıcally tuned to E. For COB songs, we need to drop the tunıng ONE STEP down to D for guıtars, bass & keyboards. Thıs means that all the lıttle black dots on the key sheet musıc wıll drop too but Janne downtunes hıs keyboard lıke the guıtars so when he plays an E key, ıt's actually soundıng a D note, same as Alexı, Roope & Hennka. In order to have GP4 show you the correct pıtches for the songs, you should tune the keyboard track up one whole step (2 semıtones) to E so then you wıll be playıng the same keys as Janne, but you wıll have to downtune your keyboard too so ıts the same pıtch. I dont have GP4 here wıth me now so ı am only usıng my memory of the program.

^And it's a good memory I must say :lol:

Well... all tabs in this thread - or 90% - are made with guitar including all keyboards. Most of us are guitar players and no keyboard players, so we put the notes in those tabs like we would play it with guitar...

Oh and when guitars are downtuned, we always downtune the keys too. Makes it easier to tab.

True all what you said, and also it's just logical. Janne explained it really good. It's kind of retarded not to downtune your instrument if all the other instruments are downtuned. And also should be taken into account that for the drop C songs, the key is still D, so Janne never downtunes the keyboard to C, he's always on D.

^And it's a good memory I must say :lol:

True all what you said, and also it's just logical. Janne explained it really good. It's kind of retarded not to downtune your instrument if all the other instruments are downtuned. And also should be taken into account that for the drop C songs, the key is still D, so Janne never downtunes the keyboard to C, he's always on D.

Hmm show me a dropped C tuned keyboard please ;). I know you didn't mean to say that but it may be understood like that.

Joonas said:
I think it's interesting, I can see where it isn't logical to play some part on keyboard, because obviously you've translated it to piano directly from guitar. Or logical, I dunno, but pretty damn hard :lol:

I think it's sometimes not logical because Alexi is a guitar player and composes everything except Janne's solos on guitar.

I wasn't really satisfied with Mitch's Hate me! tab so I've corrected it again. Most of the corrections are just E-note changes but also a few wrong notes. And I've correct nearly the complete keys.

Corrections on Gtr1: Bars 8,11,15,19,23,26,32,38,40,50,63,73,75,81,107,110,114,117,123,131,134,136,138,148,174,178,179,188,190,196-198

Corrections on Gtr2: Bars
11,12,15,16,19,20,23,26,28,34,39,50,55,58,63,64,76,77,80,81,84-91,107,110,114,115,117,119,121-123,125,130,131, 179,191,

Corrections Gtr3: Bars
16, 17-24 (finger positions)

Hate me!

I wasn't really satisfied with Mitch's Hate me! tab so I've corrected it again. Most of the corrections are just E-note changes but also a few wrong notes. And I've correct nearly the complete keys.

Corrections on Gtr1: Bars 8,11,15,19,23,26,32,38,40,50,63,73,75,81,107,110,114,117,123,131,134,136,138,148,174,178,179,188,190,196-198

11,12,15,16,19,20,23,26,28,34,39,50,55,58,63,64,76,77,80,81,84-91,107,110,114,115,117,119,121-123,125,130,131, 179,191,

Hate me!

sounds good imo
good job:)

Thx!
And could somebody make the BT's of Hate me! and Next in line? Hereare the midi files. I can't remember who made my last request for WNGF... I think it was guardian of fate? Could you also make BT's of those songs? (Hate me: 1 key is Lead 1(square), 2 key is String Ensemble 1, 3 key is Synth Brass 1 and 4 key is orchestra hit; Next in line: 1 key is string ensemlbe 1, 2 key is synth brass 1 and 3 key is Lead 2(sawtooth))

I've had a PM from a guy that's sent me all his tabs because he noticed that the first post is missing a few and some are incorrect etc. Although after checking a few of his tabs, I've noticed that he's taken some/most of them from the first post and just modified the names and credited himself. I have permission to post the link here for everyone to give their opinion.

http://files.filefront.com/Children+Of+Bodom+GP+Takrar/;10963718;/fileinfo.html

We can discuss which tabs will be put into the first post, but consider that most of these are similar to those in the first post and do contain some mistakes in notes or fingering.

Hate me!

When I try to open it Guitar Pro says Error: Unknown File. Loading Aborted.

I'm using GP5, but can you please convert to GP4 and try uploading that so I can try that? Maybe on rapidshare, who knows maybe it's filefront that's giving me trouble.

ME WANTS GUITAR PRO!!!! :erk: Shit it sucks not having my computer. I have nothing here.

Hmm show me a dropped C tuned keyboard please ;). I know you didn't mean to say that but it me be understood like that.

I don't think so. I never said a dropped keyboard. I said downtuned. The whole keyboard. I said Janne NEVER downtunes his keyboard to C, because although guitars have the low E dropped to C, the rest is still D tunning, so it wouldn't pay the price for Janne to tune the keyboard to C.

I've had a PM from a guy that's sent me all his tabs because he noticed that the first post is missing a few and some are incorrect etc. Although after checking a few of his tabs, I've noticed that he's taken some/most of them from the first post and just modified the names and credited himself. I have permission to post the link here for everyone to give their opinion.

http://files.filefront.com/Children+Of+Bodom+GP+Takrar/;10963718;/fileinfo.html

We can discuss which tabs will be put into the first post, but consider that most of these are similar to those in the first post and do contain some mistakes in notes or fingering.

Ok, I've downloaded the demo version of Guitar Pro 5.2. I will make a short summary of what I think about each tab.

ARE YOU DEAD YET?

01. Living Dead Beat: better than the one on first page but not worth for it cause of lots of wrong harmonies, wrong interlude, wrong solo and also a few other wrong notes here and there

02. Are you dead yet: looks like the old tab from first page, so it's not accurate

03. If you want peace...: not as accurate as the one on first page...but it seems that most of this tab was stolen from the one on first page

04. Punch me I bleed: looks also like the one from ultimate-guitar. If I can rememerb right, this tab was also on first page before I've tabbed it. Pro: with drums and keys (but don't know if right) Con: wrong notes for guitars

05. In your face: sounds good imo but I don't really like this song so I don't care if its right or wrong but still sounds good

06. Next In Line: Is EXACTLY the one I've posted a few days before only he is mentioned in the credits.

07.Bastards of Bodom: sounds also pretty good

08. Trashed, Lost & Strungout: good until Mitchs tab end > then lots of wrong notes, wrong solo, wrong drums,...

09. WNGF: the Guitar World tab

ok, thats for AYDY.

BLOODDRUNK

I've only checked LoBodomy cause I don't that the other tabs are better than Mitch's tab, but LoBomy is also the one from first page.

FOLLOW THE REAPER

01. Follow the Reaper: looks like the one from first page only transcribed new in GP5 with p.m. notes. The one one first page is pretty good, so I don't think that this one is better. Can't see any difference.

02. Bodom after midnight: not better than the one on first page. a few wrong harmonies.

03. Children of Decadence: looks like the one from ultimate-guitar

04. Everytime I die: lol.

05. Mask of Sanity: The one from first page only with a few other finger positions. A few parts sounds better, a few parts worse.

06. Taste of my scythe: seems to be pretty accurate. sounds good.

07. Hate me!: the one from Mitch/me is much better but he added the missing part in the first solo. +1 for his probably one and only self-tabbed contribution

08. Northern comfort: I haven't ever played this song so I don't know if it's right or wrong but what I can see and hear is good.

09. Kissing the shadows: Looks like the one which was on first page. The guitars are how I play this song. But in the solo are a few parts which aren't pretty accurate...

HATE CREW DEATHROLL

01. Needled: the one from guitar world

02. Sixpounder: Epis ab is better

03. Chokehold: not better than the one on first page

04. Bodom Beach Terror: the one from first page with a few changed notes but also wrong solo, interlude and a few other wrong parts...

05. Angels don't kill: don't know much about this song. haven't played it yet so I can' tell

06. Triple corpse hammerblow: after listening the first 4 bars I stopped cause it hurt my ears...

07. You'Re better off dead: pretty cool. ALL harmonies are wrong! sounds totally way off

08. Lil' bloodred: I also don't know if its right or wrong but he added a cool drum intro.

09. HCDR: the one from first page, only the guitars are changed

AHHHHHH! CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME??? I'VE DOWNLOADED THE DEMO VERSION OF GP5.2 AND INSTALLED IT BUT NOW I CAN'T DEL IT CAUSE IT WAS COPIED OVER MY FULL GP!! Fuck! Now I've got 15 days before it won't work anymore and tons of limited functions. That sux

Alright now that I can see your hate me tab, I'll comment on it :)

I really like pretty much every change you made except the change to the main melody (when it's played in the high octave).

The main melody just sounds off to me when I listen to it on that tab.

I really like so many of the other changes though; really good job! :D

My favorite change is in the intro lower-octave melody when you actually put in the harmonics he does on the last measure of the low octave. I always heard that in the album and didn't see it in the tab and always wondered what it was he was playing.

Jeez I wish I could help with your guitar pro problem T_T Maybe get a crack or something? I dunno what to say.

Thx! Haha, I've only changed the finger positions in the first higher melody part ;) Oh, and one note, thats all. :)

I asked my roommate and he has gp5 and he will give it to me...