TAB Thread.

What do you mean by that?

I mean that I'd like to hear a recording of the melodies you mentioned, but with harmonies which sound more "harmonic".

Perhaps, as eveningninja said, this new recording wouldn't sound so much as "bodom" anymore - that's what I'd like to hear.

So, any volunteers *coughCOVERTHREADMEMBERScough*?

Please ask a bit more politely. This isn't a tab service, it's simply a place to share tabs. Anyone that makes requests should at least expect no reply, since it takes our time and effort to make them.

But since you're new here, I will show you the Stone tabs that I have done.

STONE:

Stone - Stone (1988) - 01 - Get Stoned
Stone - Stone (1988) - 07 - Brain Damage

Stone - No Anaesthesia! (1989) - 02 - Sweet Dreams
Stone - No Anaesthesia! (1989) - 03 - Empty Corner

Stone - Colours (1990) - 01 - Stone Cold Soul
Stone - Colours (1990) - 02 - Another Morning

Thanks a lot!

ATTENTION!

I've noticed something weird. Could it be that Bodom often did mistakes in the guitar harmonies? I've noticed that when I tabbed Lil' bloddred ridin' hood, Are you dead yet?, Trashed, Lost& Strungout (in two different parts), Living dead beat, Punch me I bleed, You're better off dead and Next in line but didn't tabbed it the way they played it but tabbed it to make it sound good.

I've uploaded a short harmonie part of LBRH and T,L&S so you can hear it for yourself. I've slowed down both 30% and cut out the voice to hear the guitars better. Please listen, pan to left and right, make the tab for it and tell me that you can hear always one mistake in it. (If you wan't I can tell you the wrong harmoni parts in the other songs).

That's how they play it on the album version - it sounds wrong! The red notes sound wrong

Lil' bloodred ridin' hood:

left guitar:

h
------------------------
-5----------------------
------------------------
------4---5---7---------
----2---3---5---7-------
-------------------------

right guitar

------------------------
------------------------
----4-7-5-4------------------
-5-----------7-5-4----------
------------------------
------------------------

Trashed, Lost & Strungout:

left guitar

----------------------
----------------------
--6---6---4---4-------
----------------------
----0---0-------------
------------2---2-----

right guitar

----------------------
-----------------------
----------------------
--7---7---7---6-----------
----7---7---7---7---------
----------------------

MISTAKES

(T,L&S after 12 sec.)

I've heard it, but I actually agree with Corny that they have done it on purpose and I think it gives it another vibe than if they had made it all ''correct''. I mean, it's not like if I play a melody and fuck up a couple of notes while recording it 1st-2nd take at home, it's a Children Of Bodom song, played by Alexi and Roope/Ale who all know their theory and play quite well and recorded in a studio 34503876837683409 times before including the final version of the album, so I think it's done on purpose.

1. You can't make a mistake writing out harmonies how you want them to sound. There is no wrong or right, just consonant or dissonant.

2. I read an Alexi interview where he said, that they like unconventional intervals in harmonies as long as they play them quick enough.

EDIT: Should not come off as harsh as it sounds, sorry. :lol:

Agreed.

I mean that I'd like to hear a recording of the melodies you mentioned, but with harmonies which sound more "harmonic".

Perhaps, as eveningninja said, this new recording wouldn't sound so much as "bodom" anymore - that's what I'd like to hear.

So, any volunteers *coughCOVERTHREADMEMBERScough*?

I may give it a shot, but don't get your hopes high cos I may fuck it up :lol: Mitch or Arcane will you take that?

I said I'll try, don't get your hopes high on mine :lol: I 'll try T,L&S as Arcane is doing Lil Bloodred, but should I record only the guitars slowed down, only the guitars full speed, the whole thing fullspeed or what?

Ok I know this isn't the right thread for this but no one looks at the Kalmah thread, and you guys seem to be the best tabbers on here.

This song kicks major ass so i couldn't help it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz2irxsZKH0&feature=related[/ame]

If someone helps me finish tabbing this thing I swear to God I will mail you a fucking cake:p
All the other versions out there are pretty off, especially the solos.
Can't say much for the rythyms either really.

Thanks you guys.

Does anyone know what Alexi (and maybe Roope) is playing in the (more recent) live intro to Downfall? He changes it up a little bit each time, but seems to be sticking to a few major parts each time before kicking into the actual start of the song.

Here's an example...

All help is very much appreciated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
He plays the intro riffs of Holy Diver and Breaking the Law, tabs can be found everywhere.

[ame]http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU[/ame]

[ame]http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=psTUiQzNoxw[/ame]

Mitch - is it possible for you to share a tab of your "Compisiton 3". The one you recorded yourself :p.
I just think it's so cool, I need to try it.

If you don't have it, or you won't share it that's of course alright.

Someone interested in The Unforgiven III tab from Metallica? I think it's the only good song on Death Magnetic and it mkaes pretty much fun to play it on piano or keyboard.

Awesome tab, dude!

Mitch - is it possible for you to share a tab of your "Compisiton 3". The one you recorded yourself :p.
I just think it's so cool, I need to try it.

If you don't have it, or you won't share it that's of course alright.

I will do, but which one is that? The one that starts off with a clean guitar playing chords, the one note rhythm, or the diminished triplets?

Awesome tab, dude!

I will do, but which one is that? The one that starts off with a clean guitar playing chords, the one note rhythm, or the diminished triplets?

I only have the two first.

It's the one note rythm one.

I didn't even know there was more. :lol:

But if you could please do that, I will be forever grateful. :D