TAB Thread.

On behalf of myself and the other frequent tabbers here, I say thank YOU all too for keeping this thread alive.

This thread is the second highest ever on this forum in terms of posts!!! The one to beat is the COB Pics thread.

COB Pics - Start date = 6th Oct 2005, 7, 851 posts.
TAB Thread - Start date = 20th March 2006, 7,372 posts.

That is fucking amazing!

(We're also second on the list of total views, but we've got a long way to go yet to beat the pics thread, since that's in the lead by 662.879 views! :lol:

:kickass: Cheers! :kickass:

Hey! Seriously.. hows that meat mincing machine tab? I think you all ready know this, but here you can found some stone tabs http://koti.welho.com/ssallane/stone/index2.htm

Last chance and another morning includes many great riffs too.. damn i want more Stone tabs!!

Please ask a bit more politely. This isn't a tab service, it's simply a place to share tabs. Anyone that makes requests should at least expect no reply, since it takes our time and effort to make them.

But since you're new here, I will show you the Stone tabs that I have done.

STONE:

Stone - Stone (1988) - 01 - Get Stoned
Stone - Stone (1988) - 07 - Brain Damage

Stone - No Anaesthesia! (1989) - 02 - Sweet Dreams
Stone - No Anaesthesia! (1989) - 03 - Empty Corner

Stone - Colours (1990) - 01 - Stone Cold Soul
Stone - Colours (1990) - 02 - Another Morning

ATTENTION!

I've noticed something weird. Could it be that Bodom often did mistakes in the guitar harmonies? I've noticed that when I tabbed Lil' bloddred ridin' hood, Are you dead yet?, Trashed, Lost& Strungout (in two different parts), Living dead beat, Punch me I bleed, You're better off dead and Next in line but didn't tabbed it the way they played it but tabbed it to make it sound good.

I've uploaded a short harmonie part of LBRH and T,L&S so you can hear it for yourself. I've slowed down both 30% and cut out the voice to hear the guitars better. Please listen, pan to left and right, make the tab for it and tell me that you can hear always one mistake in it. (If you wan't I can tell you the wrong harmoni parts in the other songs).

That's how they play it on the album version - it sounds wrong! The red notes sound wrong

Lil' bloodred ridin' hood:

left guitar:

h
------------------------
-5----------------------
------------------------
------4---5---7---------
----2---3---5---7-------
-------------------------

right guitar

------------------------
------------------------
----4-7-5-4------------------
-5-----------7-5-4----------
------------------------
------------------------

Trashed, Lost & Strungout:

left guitar

----------------------
----------------------
--6---6---4---4-------
----------------------
----0---0-------------
------------2---2-----

right guitar

----------------------
-----------------------
----------------------
--7---7---7---6-----------
----7---7---7---7---------
----------------------

MISTAKES

(T,L&S after 12 sec.)

1. You can't make a mistake writing out harmonies how you want them to sound. There is no wrong or right, just consonant or dissonant.

2. I read an Alexi interview where he said, that they like unconventional intervals in harmonies as long as they play them quick enough.

EDIT: Should not come off as harsh as it sounds, sorry. :lol:

I think he's saying that if you changed some of Bodom's dissonant harmonies to sound more stable (3rds/5ths) it may sound too conventional and/or flat, making Bodom sound less like "Bodom." I personally don't think Alexi made any "mistakes." You can disagree with the way he strayed from guidelines of tonal music though.